Testing A Raisman Platt Crankshaft In An MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Y'all should soak your mufflers in Bleach overnight and then take them out the next day and clean them. :D

Also, this thread is cool. :msp_thumbup:

Nate I just use washing powder, maybe not as aggressive as bleach (I haven't tried White King) but softens and moves all the splooge and carbon right out the next day with some hot water and hopefully not as nasty to handle.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Nate I just use washing powder, maybe not as aggressive as bleach (I haven't tried White King) but softens and moves all the splooge and carbon right out the next day with some hot water and hopefully not as nasty to handle.

I stumbled on the bleach thing after doing some research one day on what reacts with carbon.

It turns out, bleach has a specific reaction with the carbon, and actually turns it into this weird orange stuff (which cleans right off).

Kinda gross. . . Kinda neat.

tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Clutch drum bearings are overrated (IMO), real work saws don't have time to sit around and idle :msp_sneaky:

Just like the new fangled karts with clutches the kids here and in Europe race now.

Sheesh, back in my day it was all direct drive and bump start, you could see who the real drivers were on the corners.

Of course our mates in North America wimped out long ago, maybe forty years now ? and ran clutches and eventually we got soft and followed..... :monkey:

:laugh:

Last edited: