Teupen 15gt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeman317

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am contemplating the purchase of a teupen 15gt. I just purchased a Vermeer s800tx with grapple and bandit 1890xp. I am trying to speed up our work flow and be more productive and efficient...we do a lot of residential removals here in central Indiana. My question is am I better off climbing and saving my money until I can afford a 70' working height lift? I do not have a bucket truck nor wish to purchase one I hear horror stories on their maintenance and you can't chip and use the bucket at the same time more get it into a spot a spider can go...anyways am I wasting money purchaseing a 50' lift

I run a bucket and chip into it simultaneously daily. The maintenance on our buckets isn't much more than on the chip trucks. The amount of maintenance will depend a lot on the shape it's in when you buy it.

Spending all this money to improve workflow is great, the question is, do you have the workload(sales) to justify it?

I am contemplating the purchase of a teupen 15gt. I just purchased a Vermeer s800tx with grapple and bandit 1890xp. I am trying to speed up our work flow and be more productive and efficient...we do a lot of residential removals here in central Indiana. My question is am I better off climbing and saving my money until I can afford a 70' working height lift? I do not have a bucket truck nor wish to purchase one I hear horror stories on their maintenance and you can't chip and use the bucket at the same time more get it into a spot a spider can go...anyways am I wasting money purchaseing a 50' lift
Save your money, sell some stuff and get the best one you possibly can. Dont be impatient. If it takes 6 months so be it.

Save your money, sell some stuff and get the best one you possibly can. Dont be impatient. If it takes 6 months so be it.
That's the answer I was looking for, their are benefits to a smaller unit as it can go places the bigger one can't but let's be real how many times do we encounter a job that the 50' spider can get to but a 70' spider can't....

Lone wolf do you own a lift?

That's the answer I was looking for, their are benefits to a smaller unit as it can go places the bigger one can't but let's be real how many times do we encounter a job that the 50' spider can get to but a 70' spider can't....

Lone wolf do you own a lift?
Sorry to say I cant afford one , but I do have a nice new bucket.

If I had to choose between a lift and a bucket truck I'd take a forestry truck any day of the week. Like lone wolf said, it's another chip truck making it that more versatile. Our chip truck went down this year and the bucket kept us working without missing a beat. And on big jobs you have 2 trucks to chip into.

Mines under cdl as are a lot (most?) of them, depending on your local laws. Now if your talkin air brakes, pulling a 9k lb chipper and fully loaded you're getting into cdl territory

If I had to choose between a lift and a bucket truck I'd take a forestry truck any day of the week. Like lone wolf said, it's another chip truck making it that more versatile. Our chip truck went down this year and the bucket kept us working without missing a beat. And on big jobs you have 2 trucks to chip into.
My point exactly.

Yes I agree I do not want to deal with CDL my chipper is almost 9800lbs as it is so adding the chipper to the boom truck for me would be a no no

Latest posts

Back