Teupen 15gt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My crew drives the chip truck and chipper I pull a 5th wheel dump trailer with the mini skid for the big stuff the chipper won't eat! If I buy the lift which I probably will it will speed up the process of the tree coming down and I can pull it and the mini skid while me crew drives the truck and chipper...then obviously as we grow more we can make changes etc...

Maybe I should mention a decent bucket from what I have seen is 30k I can get the teupen with under 600hrs 2013 model for under 30k

I agree. In the 26 years I've been doing this I think I've rented a portable lift 3 times for some tight backyard situations that were unclimbable. There's also been a few that I've just walked away from, and there's nothing wrong with that.

A lift is definitely a nice thing to have but keep in mind it has to be trailered too. If we had one it would be collecting a lot of dust, while the chipper/bucket truck combo is out making money every day.

15 Gt is not very practical for tree work as you will eventually find out. You will have problems down the road with it for it is not made for our working environment. Additionally you will find service very painful for your wallet and customer service even worse. Been there and done that with that unit.

Yes I agree I do not want to deal with CDL my chipper is almost 9800lbs as it is so adding the chipper to the boom truck for me would be a no no
If you get a truck with a GVWR under 26,000 and your trailer is under 10,000 you don't need a CDL based on weight...

Menchhofer, that's exactly what I was looking for someone with experience with this particular unit! I am going to take your advise and steer clear!

I purchased a larger capacity chip truck in December, I already had a 60' bucket/ forestry combo. It has made all the difference in the world. Some jobs where we remove a tree using the bucket but it will be hard to drag brush to the back of the truck we now back the chip truck and chipper to it. Also have had several jobs where we chip into one truck while the other is dumping. I like the idea of a lift but see it being best after you have a good chip truck, chipper, and bucket. At least in my scenario. Yours sounds similar just in reverse order.

Latest posts

Back