Texas Gtg!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to get a head count so I know how much grub to get. I tried to make a list of everyone that has said they are coming or expressed interest. If I missed you please add your name to the list as well as how many you think will be coming with you. Feel free to bring your spouse, friend or others along.

Aggiewoodbutchr - (3)
West Texas - ( )
SAWITALL - ( )
Brownpot Deaton (and crew!) - ( )
RiverRat2 - ( )
Narwhale - ( )
RAYINTOMBALL - ( )
Wolfcsm - ( )
Log Splitter - ( )
slabhead - ( )
flht01 - ( )
Chris J. - ( )
TREEWACKA - ( )
wallertxguy - ( )

Jared:since I have never been to a GTG, I don't know the protocall. Do we bring food, money or what to do our part? Do you want to do a milling demo? there have been lot's of ?s about different chains for that purpose. A real life comparison might be interesting for everyone. I know you use 3/8",but maybe we could do a demo on how the cut/time compares w/ .404X.063 milling chain that I'll supply? if you have a bar that can accept it? If not, I'll bring something that will. Jeff

i think that is an awesome idea..i would really like to start learning about it ...i just got my 051 runninglast night and hope to turn it into an 075 over summer...

How many drive links are in your chain? Milling will definitely be a part of it. I have plenty of wood so there's no need to bring any unless you want to. How many drive links are in your chain?

I have a 12 x 12 sweet gum log milled out for timed cuts and other logs for whatever we feel like doing.

I'll pick up barbecue for dinner and have water and iced tea to drink. BYOB. I have several ice chests and a spare fridge for what ever else you want to bring.

AWB: I have a reel of .404X .063(10*, Made in America!) gauge milling chain. WE would have to make the loop up there to fit your bar (another demo?), unless you have an old .404 chain that came w/ your saw,count the DLs, & I'll make you one ahead of time & donate to the cause.It might make good demo if you have a bench mounted set-up so everyone can see. All I have is Grandberg's vice grip device.

Back