Thank you God

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplemeister

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's the first day of the New Year and I just returned from walking a 60 acre woodlot that a neighbor owns close to my place. When I say close, I mean I can throw a rock from my roadside mailbox and hit his log landing. He had this piece selectively cut a few years back and I had spoke to him a few days ago about using the old log landing on his property for storing and processing wood for my firewood sales since I have little space on my small parcel of land. I was only looking for a spot to bring my own wood to, so that I could split, stack, and store it until I could get it sold in the spring.
After explaining my intentions and offering to pay for the use of his land by either a set sum per year or supplying him with firewood if he preferred, he told me this. " I probably have 80 to 120 cords of wood here that is not mill quality and should be cut. You would be doing me a favor if you cut it and take it out of here as I want to get more light in to the better quality trees and I don't have time to do the work myself." He even told me to use my best judgment as to what I cut and to top it all off, the only thing he asked for in return is for me to cut him four cords of wood a year for his personal use but he told me he's all set for this year all-ready. And like they say on television, BUT WAIT-THERES MORE. There is also a network of decent wood
roads going all through this piece for access. I am still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I lost a great job a couple years ago due to a plant closing and the past two years have not been easy, but I am feeling truly blessed today.

Maplemeister: :chainsaw: :angel: :angel: :angel:

What a great start to a new year. Not only are you improving your position, but helping others at the same time. God bless.

It's the first day of the New Year and I just returned from walking a 60 acre woodlot that a neighbor owns close to my place. When I say close, I mean I can throw a rock from my roadside mailbox and hit his log landing. He had this piece selectively cut a few years back and I had spoke to him a few days ago about using the old log landing on his property for storing and processing wood for my firewood sales since I have little space on my small parcel of land. I was only looking for a spot to bring my own wood to, so that I could split, stack, and store it until I could get it sold in the spring.
After explaining my intentions and offering to pay for the use of his land by either a set sum per year or supplying him with firewood if he preferred, he told me this. " I probably have 80 to 120 cords of wood here that is not mill quality and should be cut. You would be doing me a favor if you cut it and take it out of here as I want to get more light in to the better quality trees and I don't have time to do the work myself." He even told me to use my best judgment as to what I cut and to top it all off, the only thing he asked for in return is for me to cut him four cords of wood a year for his personal use but he told me he's all set for this year all-ready. And like they say on television, BUT WAIT-THERES MORE. There is also a network of decent wood
roads going all through this piece for access. I am still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I lost a great job a couple years ago due to a plant closing and the past two years have not been easy, but I am feeling truly blessed today.

Maplemeister: :chainsaw: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I would be happy too!! What a dream come true. 4 cord of wood?? Can't beat that with a stick! Nice find!!!:clap:

What a great start to a new year. Not only are you improving your position, but helping others at the same time. God bless.

Thanks Orange Hill:

The best part was that the landowner is the one who brought up the subject of me cutting on his land. I had intended to ask him if he needed any cutting done but was still working on leasing a work space when he threw it out at me. Priceless.

Maplemeister:

I would be happy too!! What a dream come true. 4 cord of wood?? Can't beat that with a stick! Nice find!!!:clap:

T.Y. Modn: The four cord deal is sweet indeed. Especially since it's his wood I'll be cutting up. Naturally, I will be adding something special to his end of the bargain. He seems to think I can cut in there for at least a couple of years if I want as he has an additional lot as well. I will be taking very good care of this gentleman.

Maplemeister: :cheers:

Well, happy new year and congratulatinos, maplemeister! :cheers: And good on your neighbor. :clap:

Treepointer:

I really think there was divine intervention in this one. I can't even buy log
length firewood around here right now so this constituted a small miracle as far as I'm concerned: Happy New year to you also.

Maplemeister: :cheers:

Blessings be upon you for giving credit where it is due. For those unfamiliar, the God he speaks of is Yahweh, the One from Whom all blessings flow!

His Hand upon your venture in Yeshua, Jesus Christ

TS

Sounds like you have a neighbor that is classified as a "dying breed". Not to many folks like that around anymore. It's sad how most people have become these days. Most want the root of all EVIL "Money". It does my heart good to hear a story like this.

It is so great to see you praising God for your blessings. He is in control and He obviously placed your neighbor and you together for a reason. I am thankful that we can offer praise and thanksgiving for things that happen in our lives such as this. Please keep us posted as to how things go with your divine adventure. We will be praying for your safety as you cut and for the gnerosity of your neighbor to be paid back many times over! Happy New Year and God Bless!!!!

Sounds like you have a neighbor that is classified as a "dying breed". Not to many folks like that around anymore. It's sad how most people have become these days. Most want the root of all EVIL "Money". It does my heart good to hear a story like this.

Tell me....I just got off the phone with my neighbor which had his land logged off. They left the tops and he doesn't have any need for wood and the land is 100' away from me right now. Anyways he called and told me $10 for each top and when I start he will give me 12 weeks to get it all done. I told him I would get back to him. Not a bad deal @$10 per top but c'mon.....Am I alone here?:confused:

Tell me....I just got off the phone with my neighbor which had his land logged off. They left the tops and he doesn't have any need for wood and the land is 100' away from me right now. Anyways he called and told me $10 for each top and when I start he will give me 12 weeks to get it all done. I told him I would get back to him. Not a bad deal @$10 per top but c'mon.....Am I alone here?:confused:

I guess if it were me, i would probably tell him to stick it up his --- since he is a "NEIGHBOR". But that's just the way i am. What has happened to almost everyone? I wish more poeple could be more like it was when my Grandfather was growing old, he's 77 years young God Bless his soul and i love him as bout as much as anything . I love to hear him talk about "how it used to be" If only i had a TIME MACHINE ! I sure would not be setting here right now. I don't know your and your neighbors situation, but he could keep his wood and stick it in his well i already said it once.

Not trying to steal a post but how do you like your Cozeburn 250? I finally got mine and hooked it up Monday and love it. It's kind of funny looking at your Avatar 69 Mustang coupe it was the 1'st car i had. It had a 302 auto. Man that brings back some memories.:givebeer:

RodneyG

It is so great to see you praising God for your blessings. He is in control and He obviously placed your neighbor and you together for a reason. I am thankful that we can offer praise and thanksgiving for things that happen in our lives such as this. Please keep us posted as to how things go with your divine adventure. We will be praying for your safety as you cut and for the gnerosity of your neighbor to be paid back many times over! Happy New Year and God Bless!!!!

Rickochet:

Thanks for your kind words and your prayers.

Maplemeister:

Yes He is....We are all blessed

I was blessed by my brother. I asked him to help me buy a wood furnace. I told him that "I don't know when I can pay you back". He replied....after talking to his wife.."The Bible encourages us to give instead of lend money". He gave me the money to buy the furnace! Then he asked..."How are you going to cut and split the wood"? "Do you have a saw"? I told him that I had the saw area taken care of. Then he said..."find a wood splitter and let me know how much it is".

Both the furnace and the splitter both cost $550.00 each. Both items were found on Craigslist.

Also, my neighbor has a small woods that has a bit of dead fall. I have exclusive cutting rights in his woods. This wood is dry. When placed on a hot bed of coals it bursts in to flame.

I am able to keep my propane furnace off thus keeping the gas in the tank!

I am unemployed for a while now. I have anxiety and depression which I'm working on. It means a lot to me to be able to provide for my family in this manner! I'm thankful that my wife was able to get a job and now we have benefits as of today!

I plan on blessing others with my splitter and saws. I'm sure He'll lead me to those who need the help.

It's encouraging to see others counting their blessings and praising God for what he gives.

Dan

great find

you must have really wanted that deal to have been out walking that property today it was about -12 wind chill here and up that high it had to be colder.
some of us say that's why we live in Vermont good old boys. take care of your neighbor and he will take care of you.

Back