Tha's all Folk!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well I have about 3 days wood supply left, maybe more if this warm spell keeps up.

Spent alot of time last year with the kids and not enough finding/cutting/ hauling!

That said I now have enought to be about 2 years ahead so will be sorted next year.

might be able to sorce some joinershop off cuts etc but think I will have to make the call to the oil man! I hate doing that.

Stay warm guys

That is not a good feeling!!! I would hate to call the oil man....
I'm getting pretty low to, might have to dig into nexy years supply:msp_sneaky:

It has been a long cold winter here as well. I have a lot of the junk wood left (box alder mostly) but the good oak cut for this year is, as of this morning, gone. I even noodled down all of the odd ball chunks that always seem to show up. I will have to start burning next years wood tonight. We are just starting another cold snap that looks like it will last through next week. Oh well I have way more cut for next year than I will need and the year after is good to go as well.

Does it help if it is 72 and sunny here? :msp_biggrin:

my last fire was about 3 weeks ago, and i was getting low...maybe 1/2 a cord left. since then, i've stacked about 5 more cords in the shed.

-matt

I have about a cord left, maybe a little more. I have been getting the fire going after work every day and letting it go out when I go to bed. The house has stayed warm enough just doing that.

Does it help if it is 72 and sunny here? :msp_biggrin:

my last fire was about 3 weeks ago, and i was getting low...maybe 1/2 a cord left. since then, i've stacked about 5 more cords in the shed.

-matt

Keep it that way for a few weeks would ya? Headed to Talladega in a little over 2 weeks. Gonna want some warm to get myself thawed out from this winter!

Normal year for me is about 8 cords, I've burned 10 this year and have at most a cord left of "junk" wood, not counting next years stuff.

Spring can get here any frickin day now!

I've got about 3 cords left. More than enough for this year, the rest will just get moved to the front for next year.

I have a buddy who owns a mill and gives me all the free slab wood I can handle though so I'm never really worried about stacking 2 years ahead. Definitely a year ahead though.

next years wood has been on the ground about 1 month so no good, will have to make do and get it done......

Yesterday I started digging through rows picking out all the ash that I split last October. Not a great feeling,but I have plenty for next year. It's been a cold and snowy winter. Thank God I burn wood!:msp_tongue:

Back