the 461 owner reviews thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad just picked one up. Good torque, feels heavier than the 460 i had, might just be me. Little easier on fuel than the 460 too. But id say if you can find a 460, try and haggle on the price of it. I dont think it was enough of an improvement to pass on the 460 if both are available.

Super strong torquey saw right out of the box. But, lacking the RPMs of a 460 when ported. Perhaps that'll be figured out, or maybe already has been. I still prefer a 460.

I have the 461 that tree monkee ported. I wouldn't want anymore rpm. With an 8 pin and a 28" bar it flat out rips.

the 461 is basically the same saw as a 460 with quad port top end and the tweaks to go along with it. so if didnt like something on the 460 ie air filtration, av, etc, its going to be same with the 461.

how did the prefilter work out?

this is after 3 afternoons cutting hard wood with a prefilter
all this and NO change in tune . it's a 460 so the 461 will be the same

attachment.php

attachment.php

this is after 3 afternoons cutting hard wood with a prefilter
all this and NO change in tune . it's a 460 so the 461 will be the same

attachment.php

attachment.php

thats good results for the pre filter. i just wanted it there for the larger chips that get stuck in the pleats. all the smaller stuff that got passed, looks to be easily blown out with compressed air.

Young I was also there yesterday and I have to say the outer wear cover looked to stop all the dust very well. I was very impressed with the performance of the 461 . Ran just as good as a 660 IMO.

thats good results for the pre filter. i just wanted it there for the larger chips that get stuck in the pleats. all the smaller stuff that got passed, looks to be easily blown out with compressed air.

yep but if you want clean as new was it in petrol been doing it since i got it and no probs (every one says oh no
not petrol that will kill the filter thats BS)

yep wash in fuel, best way! I never could picture myself cleaning me filters with soapy water in the Bath tub.... and remember to dispose of the dirty fuel sensibly ...I pour it around outside around buildings, let it soak nicely into the ground to kill/deter termites, well i mix it with old motor oil and any thing crude. :msp_smile:

yep wash in fuel, best way! I never could picture myself cleaning me filters with soapy water in the Bath tub.... and remember to dispose of the dirty fuel sensibly ...I pour it around outside around buildings, let it soak nicely into the ground to kill/deter termites, well i mix it with old motor oil and any thing crude. :msp_smile:

soap does't work ,petrol for me too,and it also keeps the grass around the shed slab away :D

hey Darren,run that 460 without the cover,you will notice a big difference

Latest posts

Back