the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate. So you mean the chain jumped off the rim them jammed in between the rim itself and the clutch/saw? As in it has tried to jam in on the splines of the clutch drum? If so then the chain may have gotten too loose or the chain may not have been on the rim properly to start with. Not sure.

It jumped out of the ring grooves and rode up on the ring. It all seized up except the engine was still running.......when we pulled it apart it all looked quite odd and had to back off the tensioner to loosen it up to get it apart...was tightly jammed....was on the second tank of fuel for the morning and he checked the chain when he refueled....wasn't too loose and he knows how to check that properly....

Think I need a longer bar too......it's not easy cleanly dropping those big gums with just a 28" bar.....

It jumped out of the ring grooves and rode up on the ring. It all seized up except the engine was still running.......when we pulled it apart it all looked quite odd and had to back off the tensioner to loosen it up to get it apart...was tightly jammed....was on the second tank of fuel for the morning and he checked the chain when he refueled....wasn't too loose and he knows how to check that properly....

Think I need a longer bar too......it's not easy cleanly dropping those big gums with just a 28" bar.....

Hmmm. Only thing I can think of then mate is that it's sucked a stick or lump of bark up in between the drivelinks and rim and basically ridden the chain out of the rim. Can't say I've seen that happen at the rim end but have seen it numerous times at the nose sprocket end.
Get a 72" bar. That should work :)

Do those 7615s group alright at 100? I was looking at one for a while but felt they were a bit pricey for what you get. Look like lots of fun though and be good for anything from whistling foxes to mobs of pigs. [emoji2]

here some targets 25 nd 50 yards done off hand standing no support or sling nuthin just my wobbly arms shite eyes and OEM ghosts rings

grouping shots off bench or bags is PITA as you have to remount each shot cus of the pump action but still tight enuff, I just got sucked into adding crap to the stock gun and its turned into bit off wank fest that i have mixed feeling bout.

RIMG0278.JPG RIMG0281.JPG

I'm off to the local ACTA clay target range this morning to test the new shotty out (ATA 686SEL). Was hoping to have a crack at Sporting Clays but no comps on this weekend. Looks like I'll be stuck with all the tosser wannabe Olympians with stickers and crap all over their gun cases and badges sewn all over their vests :) Funnily enough the best shot up there is a mate of mine who simply runs a Sporter gun that he also uses for sporting clays.

Hi mate. Hey I haven't forgotten about that chemical I just haven't seen the grower yet to pick it up off him. Will get it sorted over the next few weeks I hope.
yeah no worries Matt

Judgement is only handy if you actually have some :) Despite never owning one I was sad to see them disappear off the market.
one of my biggest regrets was selling my 93" CR500,

Ok that does sound better, the guy today was trying to fit a scope for a customer, serve at the counter (and filling in the book) answering customers questions and basically getting frustrated with everything, I just thanked him and left him to it.

edit.... this is getting hard to post anything, and duplicating some posts.... WTF is going on here tonight.
gun shops ...........bit over them atm ,ask for a quote and after two weeks of chasing it up the quote is absurd ,see if I can get them direct from Dillon precision,waiting on email ,and yeah what the hells up with this site ,seems to get more rooted as the weeks pass

here some targets 25 nd 50 yards done off hand standing no support or sling nuthin just my wobbly arms shite eyes and OEM ghosts rings

grouping shots off bench or bags is PITA as you have to remount each shot cus of the pump action but still tight enuff, I just got sucked into adding crap to the stock gun and its turned into bit off wank fest that i have mixed feeling bout.

View attachment 422284 View attachment 422285
Ha ha. Love the description of the accessories!!! [emoji1]
Never thought about having to lift it off the rest to put a new round in, that would be annoying. Nice bit of gear though.

20150503_141830.jpg

2015-05-03%2014.17.30.jpg

Ha ha. Love it. You do know they make husky ones of those hey! [emoji1]
Yeah the little bloke has 1 Rob , but they aren't as realistic as the stihl version, which is a bloody shame!
He always gives the husky version to his cousins or little friends on race days to play with.
Can't blame him 4 not sharing I guess, however he guards his little hotsaw quite fiercely!

Yeah the little bloke has 1 Rob , but they aren't as realistic as the stihl version, which is a bloody shame!
He always gives the husky version to his cousins or little friends on race days to play with.
Can't blame him 4 not sharing I guess, however he guards his little hotsaw quite fiercely!
Ha ha. Fair enough jase. I haven't looked that closely at the husky ones. Can't blame him, I wouldn't lend that hot saw either! [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back