the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the same problem I have with my 029 super. The way to fix it is to grind back the long ones but I couldn't be stuffed as I don't need em to line up perfectly to do a nice cut.

Well the 029 turned 11 years old this week and today we put her through some big stringy bark running a 20" bar and 3/8....think I should give her a tune as she's bogging down a bit in the cut and I suspect running rich as but no smoke..original spark plug still.
2nd owner? They finished up around 2001 when the MS designation came in

28f9586e4f2e7136bd665425c11e278a.jpg
Would have been great if Stihl was selling that a year ago.

Rudi, did you get the recent email from the copycat mill Chinaman? Can't be any worse than what I have decided to call the woodle (wet noodle) mill. Looks like some hybrid between Lucus and woodle. Not worth the drama but interesting that he is still plugging away at it.

Do you guys have any Aussie context to add to the show on 60 mins the other night here, about the farmers loans being sold to ANZ then the loan conditions ramped up to blow the farmers off their land?:
http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/stories/2015/april/fighting-back/

If it was a matter of the original landmark loans being too much to swallow, then I feel it's a tough one but the banks has to act if everything else has been tried, but if the loans were manageable originally and the change of loan conditions when sold is playing any part in driving these farmers off their land, then those receivers, along with anyone at the banks, are bloody lucky to still be stealing oxygen.

Further, I wonder at what sort of discount landmarks rural loan book was sold to the ANZ for, if any.
*edit* reading here, it looks like ANZ has wholly owned Landmark for some years, so not exactly simply a loan book purchase. I still wonder at what discount it paid for the landmark business on the face value of the loan book:
http://www.beatthebanks.club/stories.html

*edit 2* and here we have the Chinese foreign asset purchase program in full swing, much the same as what may happen here if the milk payout stays low, and what has already and continues to happen to Auckland real estate:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-ni...5/foreign-investors-on-hunt-for-aussie-farms/

and the govt keeps collecting as many golden parachutes and life rafts as it can, for itself, while casting the future of our children to Hell's winds.

I bought it new Benny. Did the 029 and 029 Super finish at the same time?

May be I got my math wrong by a year, but that'd be all....I think....hmm.
From what I have read in TI's the 029 was replaced by the 029super which later became the MS 290. It was at this time they also changed carbys and air filters to the compensating style

Do you guys have any Aussie context to add to the show on 60 mins the other night here, about the farmers loans being sold to ANZ then the loan conditions ramped up to blow the farmers off their land?:
http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/stories/2015/april/fighting-back/

If it was a matter of the original landmark loans being too much to swallow, then I feel it's a tough one but the banks has to act if everything else has been tried, but if the loans were manageable originally and the change of loan conditions when sold is playing any part in driving these farmers off their land, then those receivers, along with anyone at the banks, are bloody lucky to still be stealing oxygen.

Further, I wonder at what sort of discount landmarks rural loan book was sold to the ANZ for, if any.
*edit* reading here, it looks like ANZ has wholly owned Landmark for some years, so not exactly simply a loan book purchase. I still wonder at what discount it paid for the landmark business on the face value of the loan book:
http://www.beatthebanks.club/stories.html

*edit 2* and here we have the Chinese foreign asset purchase program in full swing, much the same as what may happen here if the milk payout stays low, and what has already and continues to happen to Auckland real estate:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-ni...5/foreign-investors-on-hunt-for-aussie-farms/

and the govt keeps collecting as many golden parachutes and life rafts as it can, for itself, while casting the future of our children to Hell's winds.
that has been going on for years since the gfc, not only for those on the land, its associated with the commercial lending side of lending where the risk to debt ratio changes because of the devaluing of the assets, which can be liquidated once they fall below the criteria set out on the loan terms & agreed by all parties. they control the assets untill all moneys are paid in full, which means 99.9% of a loan may be cleared but they can still liquidate if they have the need to as per the loan conditions, it appears like a money grab when ever the lenders wants it to be
thansk

I've seen farmgate milk price forecasts of NZ$3.80 for this season, when most of the dairy farms I tend to work on are hovering about $5.30 production costs because they are not prime land. They've had two good years in the last four and for many I know, they have barely been able to pay down any debt on the back of the massive increases in compliance costs over that period and the other two years being hard years when the payout might have been ok but they couldn't do the production numbers to make the most of it because of bad conditions.

In short, the low interest rates for some time (and now depreciating Kiwi dollar) have been about the only saving grace thus far. But it doesn't take an Einstein to realise that if the forecast is right, this will be the last season for many of the farmers I know, because they just cannot survive another one if there is another low payout or low production season after this one. What equity they have will be wiped out this season and they are then totally at the mercy of banks.

We have a newly established rural suicide prevention initiative in place and I hope it saves many lives. I know one or two who I am keeping an eye on if the season doesn't improve.

It would be one thing to have overextended oneself during the good years and wasted $ but an entirely different matter if wasn't too badly leveraged and the bank pulled the rug out from under you when you needed them most. I'm actually very surprised some of those Aussie farmers haven't culled the banking/receiver herd yet.

The next year is going to be super difficult for many dairy farmers here.

Where's that back-from-holiday stihl buggerwhatshisname?

Thought he might like a gander at this one. Am thinking seriously about myself. Maker is going to let me know when next up my way so I can have a play with one. Supposed to work well on gum. Got a lot of that lined up next Summer.

https://www.facebook.com/1486052478...052478319960/1564177493840791/?type=2&theater

Key things are how to handle the in and outfeed, if splits too big, and can I leave an idjit in charge of it for a day unsupervised without them cutting an arm off.

Pretty good pricing, probably much better for an Aussie now our Kiwi dollar has come off the boil.

Slowly getting the hang of this compound bow thing I had to back it way off, my hat goes off to the guys that can pull a 75 pound bow back! I used to think I was strong :( haha...
I should have got one years ago there lethal! still have much to learn thank god for youtube haha...

1.JPG

A mornings clean up along the roadside. Mostly wet so I'm guessing well over 4 ton, some nice redgum, apple and red box and a little stringy bark and wattle.

I defiantly bought that saw in 2003 Benny and last week of July too....I got a ripper deal on it so I'm guessing it was old stock which would make sense.

Back