the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First cylinder I have done up on a lathe, chopped the head off of a stuffed up cylinder, first time in 25+yrs I have used one. Need to sort out the cross feed still, of course there is no manual, lol,
BTW, it is a Thomas McPherson lathe from Melbourne,
e5fd23d897de15d19dfb17ea2333c5be.jpg

8e913de71aee9814c1174fbddd4c88c3.jpg

Nothing worse than washing ur rags and towels from the garage while the missus is out, only for her to come home early and still on cycle. [emoji15] Doh!

Sent from my iStihl.
Redemption ! Wifey flooded upstairs bath. My clean towels came in handy [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iStihl.

First cylinder I have done up on a lathe, chopped the head off of a stuffed up cylinder, first time in 25+yrs I have used one. Need to sort out the cross feed still, of course there is no manual, lol,
BTW, it is a Thomas McPherson lathe from Melbourne,
e5fd23d897de15d19dfb17ea2333c5be.jpg

8e913de71aee9814c1174fbddd4c88c3.jpg

Looking good Will

Oh and my lathe was also sold by McPhersons in Melbourne. But from what I can work out its a German lathe sold via Britain. Interesting history these old machines have.

Looking good Will

Oh and my lathe was also sold by McPhersons in Melbourne. But from what I can work out its a German lathe sold via Britain. Interesting history these old machines have.
SUre is, I noticed they did make lathes and such for a while, then started importing. Unsure of this lathes origin, no other makers mark can be found on it yet, nothing on the gears that I can find as of yet

Got to be really careful of wood dust.

On Friday I had to plane 12mm off the bottom of one door and 3mm off another. Solid timber with Masonite face.

Long drive home was singing my guts out in the car to the radio and found myself short on breath . Problem was I was struggling to breath properly and felt like if it got a little worse I'd have to pull over....breathing improved once I stopped singing, but I was crook as a dog Saturday, still not right today either with stuffed throat and dry cough..

Missus is now crook and so is the youngest......must be a virus or something as well.

got given some chains today with 6 and 83 on the drive links
what are they please
Keep loosing the internet and ive had a gut full of it :angry:

Found this 33 cc trimmer on the verge pickup.
Head wont spin and it bogs on to much throttle.

Drained tank and got this muck like compressor water, ethanol.
Looked like Stihl blue 2T @25-1 as per sticker on tank

Have a blow and clean fresh fuel and see from there

Attachments

• WP_20151207_001.jpg
    WP_20151207_001.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20151207_002.jpg
    WP_20151207_002.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_20151207_003.jpg
    WP_20151207_003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Nope. Need to pay attention (and follow the links).
That 'Cam-Loc' model is more like the 'Northern Tool' or 'Oregon clone' grinders that sell for about $100 - $120 around here. Sometimes a bit less if on sale. Sold under lots of names, and in lots of colors. The 'HF grinders' sell in the $30 - $50 range, and much smaller.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/northern-hyd-grinder-making-it-work-pics.40844/
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/hf-chain-grinder-thread.268303/

Philbert
Thanks Philbert. I had seen both at times. We can also get feebay plastic grinders for $45-$80
Northern tool works well enough for a raker or extra L/R machine ??
Cheers
Jimbo

One of the young guys at work turned up in this old beast today, I did ask but it's not for sale is his old man's has owned it for 30 years or something only uses it to go fishing out west every few years.
And the old man went and got another load of Black Butt today not in the good wood yet they always start you out in the carp wood to suss you out 1st...
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Latest posts

Back