the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone find that when handling stringybark you break out in a really irritable and itchy red rash?

I get it every time on the insides of my arms and the worst spot is all over my stomach up to my chest from carrying the big rounds onto the log splitter or trailer.

It's making my day extremely uncomfortable right now. It's like I've been bitten by a thousand ants.

Anyone find that when handling stringybark you break out in a really irritable and itchy red rash?

I get it every time on the insides of my arms and the worst spot is all over my stomach up to my chest from carrying the big rounds onto the log splitter or trailer.

It's making my day extremely uncomfortable right now. It's like I've been bitten by a thousand ants.

Nup thankfully sounds awful

You're suffering ant bites Chippy, little bast*rds but look closely. :yes:

That's what it feels like.

I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't see any ants all I could see was really fine brown hairs poking out of my t-shirt. Lots of those black ascorbic acid stinky ants were in some of the stuff.

It happens to me pretty much every time I work with this stuff. If I'm the only one I guess I'm allergic to it or the ants are so tiny I will need my glasses.

I've found that sometimes if the depth gauges are a little over enthusiastically filed the 066 might vibrate for a couple of sharpens.

Not trying to tell ya' how to suck eggs LJ. :D
Lol, bearing basher set, ten swipes with a hoof rasp and it'll bite [emoji1]

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

nope never hapend to me must be the little fibers sticking into you kinda like fiberglass thats about where i get ichy when the fiberglass dust gets parst my cemsuit.

Gentlemen, would someone be good enough to recommend a good place to buy a drive sprocket, cutter bar & bar cover nuts for a
Stihl 051..... tia.

Some pics follow, all pulled together with four M5 x 25 Allen bolts, starts nicely but ig, switch u/s.

It's pretty clean, don't think it has done a lot of work.

I'll just leave this here! :)
View attachment 500847

Very nice saw posty, what fuel mix do you run in that, I'd say at 4:1 Rum/water would go allright, yr Mrs will take care of the man(ual) choke if you start to get a smoky exhaust and forget to use your Personal Protection Equip as she says enough little posties running amok already :laugh:

I'm thinking chippy that furbears could be you itchy culprit... they are brown caterpillar cocoon husk that has super irritating hairs and can be very painful if handled they're often found on old fences..

Well you could be right.

The things sticking out of my tshirt were extremely fine and we are talking in the 100's. They were the colour of the stringybark bark, brown, and really fine, but no longer than 10mm, mostly only a few mm's. I could not see any in my arms or legs but it's still irritating the hell out of the insides of my calf's, backs of my knees and insides of my forearms.....my stomach is a blotch of red dots up to my chest...

I wore my glasses today and inspected the bark closely and couldn't see any tiny ants, but it feels like ant bites to me, but I don't know how I could get stung 500 odd times without noticing it until it was too late....this creeps up on you and is at its worst a few hours after exposure. That's when it feels like an ant bite and itchy as.

Well you could be right.

The things sticking out of my tshirt were extremely fine and we are talking in the 100's. They were the colour of the stringybark bark, brown, and really fine, but no longer than 10mm, mostly only a few mm's. I could not see any in my arms or legs but it's still irritating the hell out of the insides of my calf's, backs of my knees and insides of my forearms.....my stomach is a blotch of red dots up to my chest...

I wore my glasses today and inspected the bark closely and couldn't see any tiny ants, but it feels like ant bites to me, but I don't know how I could get stung 500 odd times without noticing it until it was too late....this creeps up on you and is at its worst a few hours after exposure. That's when it feels like an ant bite and itchy as.

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me.. Does Stringybark bark fibers irritate skin that would be yes its a PITA but there is more going on here...
Enter exhibit A that would be chippy (naked) lol. now if said (naked) chippy gets wifey to rub poke suspected bark that's free of ants/bugs/stringy things all over him and waits 30min for any side effects..
Now we are all patiently waiting for test results now get to it chippy should be fun times haha :cheers:

Its one of my many aliases chippy :p.....what are yer, the fuzz ? :rolleyes: :bowdown:

Now to the stringy bark allergy test............. pls report results.........

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me.. Does Stringybark bark fibers irritate skin that would be yes its a PITA but there is more going on here...
Enter exhibit A that would be chippy (naked) lol. now if said (naked) chippy gets wifey to rub poke suspected bark that's free of ants/bugs/stringy things all over him and waits 30min for any side effects..
Now we are all patiently waiting for test results now get to it chippy should be fun times haha :cheers:

Well, I just went into the bedroom and there's a block of Toblerone sitting in front of my pillow and a tub of Aloe Vera cream sitting on the Oracles bedside table, so the allergy test will need to wait.

Its one of my many aliases chippy :p.....what are yer, the fuzz ? :rolleyes: :bowdown:

Now to the stringy bark allergy test............. pls report results.........

I will test when this rash subsides with a small rub of the bark to the inside of my arm....prolly Weds, and will report back. Might even go to the cheap Parma night at the local. Weds I think.

Back