the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds awfully big serge, however on friction/press fits, I always place part in freezer for around 2hrs, then heat the case area with a gas soldering torch.
These torches are safe to use, as the temperature will never exceed the melting point of the magnesium..... Oxy/acetylene will cause damage if not careful.
Heat the case for 3-4 minutes and put vent in straight from freezer.
Hope this helps!

thanks mate,

I have a feeling it may be too big, either wrong part all together or there was a case change update and this is the revised breather and ive a earlier case?? I do exacly what you said for the crank bearings. Bearings in freezer and I just heat the case by hand with a elec heat gun, bearings drop in.

I have already assembeld the crank in this case and then realised it had no oil tank breather......

Umm, if it only effected radiata, I'd be happy as. Hate em.

On the Princess Hwy on the way down here to Gippy, there's a stack of them dying off near the Gumbuya Park or whatever it's called. It's on the south side of the Hwy in Tynong...At least 50 dead I'd say, I suspected they may have caught the developer's curse, also known as poison.

yeah no great fan of pine either but the billion dollar OZ silviculture plantation industry may think otherwise so best keep and eye out

What to look for
Look for brown and dry needles in the tree branches. It is relatively normal for up to 15% of the tree canopy to be affected by dead tips or dead older needles so look for pine trees where 25% or more of the tree canopy appears to be dead or dying.

Look for trees where death appears to be progressing from the top of the tree downward. Any pine tree that has died rapidly should be reported. A serious nematode infestation can kill a tree within a few weeks.

The following grades can be used to assess your trees:

• Grade 1: Less than 15% of the canopy is brown – this is normal and does not need to be reported
  • Grade 2: 25% of the canopy is brown – this tree needs to be monitored for further decline
  • Grade 3: More than 50% of the canopy is brown – this tree should be reported for sampling
Image-2-small.jpg
View large image (JPG, 1823 KB)
Figure 2. Example of Grade 1 canopy death (<15%)(Image: Davis Landscape Architecture, London, UK)

[img src="http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0008/654722/Image-3-small.jpg" alt="Radiata pine with approximately 25% of needles brown and wilted, mostly at base of tree" title="Figure 3 Example of Grade 2 canopy death (25%)" >

View large image (JPG, 1042.18 KB)
Figure 3. Example of Grade 2 canopy death (25%)

Image-4-small.jpg

View large image (JPG, 582.47 KB)
Figure 4. Example of Grade 3 canopy death (50%)

was working a 20-30 inch dia solid bit of Ash today where the twin trunks met and union-ed to single trunk the going easy till wham the crossing grains or changing wood tensions just stopped the 310 then it bounced and spat the rest of the way for the 6 or so slabs i had to whittle off each on put up a fight had to hold on tight or the bar would bite or kick out

well thats interesting.. learnt today that there were 3 buildings that collapsed on 9/11 not just the 2 towers. makes interesting reading!

The world trade centres sat over the top of a huge underground network of trains, parking, etc etc.....so did the 3rd tower, and the subterranean damage caused by the collapse of the two took out the underground structure of the 3rd.

That's my understanding.

Or was it a CIA guy wearing pyjamas with two match sticks?

The world trade centres sat over the top of a huge underground network of trains, parking, etc etc.....so did the 3rd tower, and the subterranean damage caused by the collapse of the two took out the underground structure of the 3rd.

That's my understanding.

Or was it a CIA guy wearing pyjamas with two match sticks?
From what I understand or remember the 3rd building was hit by one of the falling towers & another building had to be demolished later as it was hit as well & beyond repair.
Tanks

got 5 carbs rebuilt yesterday. Doing my head in going through what parts I have, what I need and what may have changed or be revised....does that change affect the next part along or not etc... doing a 288, 3x 272 and then maybe a 266 (very hard to get the correct parts for that one)

here is the 288 so far.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Back