the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forest red gum this way has a distinct red centre and pale outer, nothing like the pics.

Was going to say box but the 3rd pic doesn't look like box to me, more like acacia or sheoak, although it's normally lighter in colour I've found...

Couldn't say for sure.

Forest red gum this way has a distinct red centre and pale outer, nothing like the pics.

Was going to say box but the 3rd pic doesn't look like box to me, more like acacia or sheoak, although it's normally lighter in colour I've found...

Couldn't say for sure.

Cheers Chippy, I reckon Neils spot on going by the pics I've seen, looks absolutely identical in every way.

hmm this might not work as Ruperts Australian has a pay wall

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...e/news-story/62f9a57423252b947c532d4b4b7cbf78

an extract is Bettys story aboard Captain James Meredith HMSS Friendship has been plagued by the ill behaviour of four women...

Elizabeth “Betty” Thackery is a feisty 20-year-old who some say will be the first female convict to walk on Australian soil when, on February 6, 1788, during the bulk unloading of women convicts, she impulsively jumps from her longboat and makes a bolt for the beach at what is now Sydney’s Rocks precinct, where she skips joyously before a crowd of cheering male convicts and guards.
Elizabeth Barber is the incorrigible ringleader figure currently furiously arguing with Captain Meredith, asking him, without a hint of seduction, to “kiss my c..t”.

Australia day quizz
Name the 1st white bloke to catch a fish in Sydney cove ?
Must recommend an article in yesterday's Australian newspaper one small step get a hold of it if you can l..

Jacob Nagle (1762-1841)

Jacob Nagle, an American, joined the First Fleet as a volunteer on the Sirius, ranked Able Seaman. He returned to England in March 1791.
Nagle was one of the sailors who rowed Governor Phillip and his party from Botany Bay to Port Jackson. Nagle records throwing a line into the water while the officers were surveying Sydney Cove.

22-26 January 1788

"[Governor Phillip] Observed the fish I had hall'd in & asked Who had Caught that fish Recollect he said that you are the first White Man that ever caught a fish in Sidney Cove

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/nagle-jacob-13125
Nagle, Jacob (1761–1841)

What date was the 1st tree cut down in at Sydney cove by the convicts sailors and marine from hmas Supply.?

Jan 25th they got there a day early prepared the landing site for the fleet the the way they named Manly cove by Captain Arthur Phillip for the indigenous people living there, stating that "their confidence and manly behaviour made me give the name of Manly Cove to this place..

We've got the same simmering discontent here. The issue for me is working out the cases where it is justified and when they are just trapped in a victim mindset predominantly of their own making.
There are genuine grievances and I get a fair bit of stick for pointing out they have a worthy case that needs to be addressed before we could collectively move on. But there are a bunch of wannkers who milk it or are born into and conditioned to, being victims without actively seeking effective ways out by themselves, and they seldom question their own roles in their positions.
I'm all for acknowledging the faults of this and previous generations, and the hardships they/we might have inflicted others with. And as much as I hate the potential for corruption, I think financial and property compensation is absolutely warranted in some cases here. It makes me ****ing ropeable at how 'the crown' treated some tribes/iwi and people many generations ago. But equally, I want to take a gun to every ******* who is abusing the grievance gravy train.

On the flip side, there are some iwi who have done wonderful and wise things for their people with the proceeds of their settlements. Their success further highlights/exposes the bastards who have taken heaps but given farkall back to their people.

Another thing I notice is how many of us judge the actions of others within the context of our particular culture. It's a natural thing to do. I'm not trying to make excuses but when we see three generations of drunk skunks and write them off as bludging phuckers, I think sometimes it would be useful to judge that after learning about what their culture was like before the alleged actions that give rise to their grievance occurred. If a culture has evolved to have an incredibly intricate connection to nature and a value system that's foreign to us, and another culture comes along and cuts much of that off, what has that affected culture got left or are they and future generations simply caste adrift with no real connection to the land/their people/their once clear roles within their culture? In that context, it's a bit easier to see why some might feel they've no hope, no role, no value, etc. So, in that context it's a bit easier to at least see why. But then the vexing issue of what to do about it comes next and that's a real difficult one.

Plenty of poor me types in this country soaking up the sit down money and biting the hand that feeds them
Yeah, they are not only stealing from honest, productive taxpayers but also denying the genuinely needy food/housing/medical care/opportunities. Farking pricks mate. Why so many hand-wringers in society can't see how much of a privileged position they are in to have the opportunity and time to wring their hands and claim the moral high ground in such matters beats me. If they aren't part of a solution, they are part of the problem.

Is it all about how mean and nasty we were to the native monkeys

nope its far more balanced and interesting stuff like the oldest and youngest convicts and their fates in the trip and the problems faced etc etc but huh thats weird i was able to use links a few times & now it behind a pay wall yet dear wife was able open it just now,,,oh well never mind

Latest posts

Back