the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no laws regarding political correctness or even hate speech in Australia. Political correctness removes nothing from free speech.
Freedom of speech still exists, totally, but with freedom of speech comes absolute responsibility, which some just don't get.

Hate and divisive speech and policies will get this country nowhere fast...
Hate is subjective though. I'm yet to be convinced that seeking to censor people/views/expressions because of hateful or divisive rhetoric is the best way to deal with it. I feel we'd be better off if we learned to better cope with views that differ from our own and counter those views with reasoned and factual responses. It's often opposing views that force us to examine our own positions and as such learn more about not only other viewpoints but ourselves in the process.

Being offended or divided by the views of someone else is simply giving more power to their view. We each have the power within to decide to be offended, feel hated, become divided. It's actually our choice how we respond or feel about the words and views of others.

Hate is subjective though. I'm yet to be convinced that seeking to censor people/views/expressions because of hateful or divisive rhetoric is the best way to deal with it. I feel we'd be better off if we learned to better cope with views that differ from our own and counter those views with reasoned and factual responses. It's often opposing views that force us to examine our own positions and as such learn more about not only other viewpoints but ourselves in the process.

Being offended or divided by the views of someone else is simply giving more power to their view. We each have the power within to decide to be offended, feel hated, become divided. It's actually our choice how we respond or feel about the words and views of others.
Some can't cope & it causes them harm , these days school teachers are trained to spot & report problem children who are heading down that track of becoming deadset bogan abusive bullies later in life. More than likely though it's not the kids fault they are just the victims of abuse themselves or foetal alcohol syndrome or dropped on their heads too many times.
Thanski

If we look at modern history, the greatest examples of hate speech have lead to human rights atrocities, genocide on a massive scale, persecution of minorities...etc..

Now do you really think the problem with hate speech is people's thin skins or is it the end results?

As long as people continue to be killed or persecuted or even discriminated against for their skin colour, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, etc., then hate speech needs to be shown for what it is.

If we look at modern history, the greatest examples of hate speech have lead to human rights atrocities, genocide on a massive scale, persecution of minorities...etc..

Now do you really think the problem with hate speech is people's thin skins or is it the end results?

As long as people continue to be killed or persecuted or even discriminated against for their skin colour, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, etc., then hate speech needs to be shown for what it is.
Yes mate, I still think it's the personal perceptions and an inherit lack of self control or awareness of how powerful a tool our minds are if we learn the skills to best use it.

Discrimination is a primal and engraved survival tool. We have evolved this way. Almost every person on this planet is hard wired to discriminate. You are suggesting an extreme bias is undesirable. I agree. But where I think we'll have to agree to disagree is who bears the ultimate responsibility for the impact hate speech has on the individual and whether or not such speech should be censored. Sure, there are cases where people are vulnerable and haven't developed or are incapable of developing, the needed coping mechanisms, but those cases could very well represent a failure of those who have a duty of care to protect and teach those people. For by far the majority of people, if they can't cope then they have an area for self-improvement. Improvement that will serve them very well for the rest of their lives.

aldi lamb steaks friggin yum and nay to pricey but snags on the BBq tonite

oh while i got ya from another Ruger gun site USA chap asking is this a bullet impact??? i said nope its more likely a shopping trolly dent others say for sure its a bullet with many opinions either way

"As a trained Automotive collision technician and certified I-Car gold and ASE frame technician I will have to say yes seen it for the past 22 years not to mention a certified Firearms instructor these are small caliber rounds strong enough to break the paint bend the metal but not go through"

"I see galling, therefore I would say it was a steel object that hit the door and not a softer metal like what bullets are made of.

28280036_10208454919289985_3477397419710004545_n.jpg 28166436_10208454919329986_4799764245996785668_n.jpg

aldi lamb steaks friggin yum and nay to pricey but snags on the BBq tonite

oh while i got ya from another Ruger gun site USA chap asking is this a bullet impact??? i said nope its more likely a shopping trolly dent others say for sure its a bullet with many opinions either way

"As a trained Automotive collision technician and certified I-Car gold and ASE frame technician I will have to say yes seen it for the past 22 years not to mention a certified Firearms instructor these are small caliber rounds strong enough to break the paint bend the metal but not go through"

"I see galling, therefore I would say it was a steel object that hit the door and not a softer metal like what bullets are made of.

View attachment 635558 View attachment 635559

there is know way in hell that a bullet did that.

yeah me too as well but dont think will ever find out as the threads gone cold with input & ideas meh
What ever hit the panels was harder than it, lead doesn't scratch steel, they do use steel shot over there but the scratching seems to be from a irregular shaped object & not from smooth round shot

Latest posts

Back