the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna be some grinding going on over the weekend then:msp_thumbup:

Another boring day so my old PM1000 got a make over ...................

pm1000a.jpg

pm1000b.jpg

And a Tilly HL 293 for good measure

pm1000d.jpg

Mine's done with a good 1/2" rat tail file i'll give ya 80lb's of skinny kid with arms like matchsticks

McBob.

Last edited:

IMHO,that is a waste of money

They are an absolute waste of space. Jakmax got a few in years ago and are still trying to sell them. I grabbed one for a short period and sent it back. They WILL NOT save you time but are certainly expensive and heavy. The auto chain breakers don't save you any time either as you still have to line the chain up.

Ok poor old Moe been shook up again

M4.5 - 13km SW of Moe, Australia 2012-07-20 09:11:32 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, July 20, 2012 at 09:11:32 UTC
Friday, July 20, 2012 at 07:11:32 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
10 km (6.2 miles)
Region
NEAR THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF AUSTRALIA
Distances
13 km (8 miles) SW of Moe, Australia
21 km (13 miles) W of Morwell, Australia
34 km (21 miles) W of Traralgon, Australia
77 km (47 miles) ESE of Cranbourne, Australia

G'day all i been looking in dad's old box of 090 parts and found about 6 outer clutch drum's..so i have what i need to run a bigger pin,i have an 8pin that fits but where can i get a 9pin do Stihl sell them in .404? my Stihl dealer is of no help they are kids and when i say 090 they just give me a look of Outer space and say whats that haha :bang:...there was a realy good young dude there that would help me out and look for anything but i dont even think he works there anymore so yeah im stuffed for getting parts...View attachment 245622View attachment 245623

Stihl do not make a 9 pin I'm sure, they are around,you can get them in the states, maybe some of the race guys here can help,
someone had a post the other day on here with some big sprockets.

thanks mate, bugger was hoping Stihl sold a 9 pin...what do you run on your 090? i mean for fun? a 9 pin in .404 would be going at speed with under 28in bar i was thinking..:msp_wink:

I mainly run 7 pin, the shortest bar I run on it is 42", I do have a 30" for it but never use it much, just got some 8 pins,
all .404

there is a yank selling 10 pins on ebay, that would be quick on an 28"

ok thanks but dont think stock it would pull a 10 pin maybe with a 20in bar...i will see how it goes with the 8 pin Cheers...:msp_wink:

Yeah try an 8 pin first. I know the old 090's are a torquey beast but even an 8 pin rim in .404" has a fair diameter.

Back