the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning ladies, added some more toys to the collection over the weekend.

Wayne may just like at least 1 or all of them.

1st one is fairly big and is red and blue with a horrible solid bar running 1/2 inch.
(took 2 minutes to fire up). this toy was a former racer / work saw as they were back in the day.
Hotel special (it was raced behind local pubs for beer in the late 60's).

2nd was just as big but a greeny / yellow colour, but only took 20 seconds to assess and place on ute for future storage.

3rd is a monster saw,,, impressive to say the least, it too can be stored and forgotton, its almost a red colour with black bits and has a little in common with that muffler that Wayne found in the mail that time.

(the impressive bit was stretched or exaggerated for effect)

something to get all the saw wizards thinking.

A Homelite , Pioneer and Dolmar? :dunno:

My headlights are HID. A great improvement now that I upraded to the series III clear headlights. I have projector headlights just arrive for the conversion. Ask Vince for the pic. I have the double row 18" 3w LED on the top middle of the bullbar. I will either shift this from the top to the front of the bar or remove it altogether as it will restrict flow to the intercooler scoop. I'd say the projectors will render it almost useless. Those small LED's down the bottom have worked fantastic placing light out to the sides. I can see wildlife now. I have Cibie driving lights converted to HID. These may go also if the projectors work well as it's getting too cluttered in front of the radiator. With the new turbo etc it wants more air.

maybe get rid of all the lights and have a 40" light bar on the roof. HID driving lights are best for open roads. LEDs for the twisty stuff IMHO.
you maybe due to drop the radiator out of it for a rod clean. as well as all the crap that can build up between the rads over the years, before summer hits. how is the viscous coupling and fan blades? ( they can crack with age)

i have been looking at updating my electric blower/vac for some time now and thanks to Stihl spring specials, i ended up with this

awesome bit of kit!.love it! havent tried the vac yet tho, but the way it blows i am sure it will suck well!

i have been looking at updating my electric blower/vac for some time now and thanks to Stihl spring specials, i ended up with this

awesome bit of kit!.love it! havent tried the vac yet tho, but the way it blows i am sure it will suck well!

Yup thats a beauty! Nice and smooth too.

A Homelite , Pioneer and Dolmar? :dunno:

3rd prize to Wayne,,,,, the dolly is on the list but you just missed out on the 1st 2 saws.

Yup dont hide these vintage beauty's away

I see. I am more into goer type saws (mainly orange types) so the other ones are almost shelf queens except they are packed away from sight.

QUOTE=splitpost;4515461]
you know the rules,pics or it didn't happen

Yes I am aware of that Chris, but I never took any pics or a vid, no excuse just never thought about it.

Last edited:
Would one of them be a Canadian ? Or a white head? . Mine are all stashed out of sight too I only inherited them

Last edited:
A Red Solo super rex?

Yes sir,,,,, and its actually in good condition, it was painted blue with some red (see brush marks) so i'm guessing its the original colour scheme.
it has nice surpriseing compression, the owner was hopeing it would give me a welcome as it had done to him many years ago.(snap back with handle stripeing the tender bits between my legs)

Yes sir,,,,, and its actually in good condition, it was painted blue with some red (see brush marks) so i'm guessing its the original colour scheme.
it has nice surpriseing compression, the owner was hopeing it would give me a welcome as it had done to him many years ago.(snap back with handle stripeing the tender bits between my legs)

Excellent! now we need some pics :)

Excellent! now we need some pics :)

Yes I will get some when I clean her up a bit, i wonder if i could swap the sprocket for a 3/8 or even 404.

when he brought it out i thought he was only showing me, then he dropped the hint he likes an odd tooheys old stubby. But then proceeded to explain the lot or nothing so i had to except the other 2 saws, i don't like offending a man good enough to give me saws that were once their pride and joy.

there was another smaller toy in the transaction, little old pioneer, which i already have several of the type.

Yes I will get some when I clean her up a bit, i wonder if i could swap the sprocket for a 3/8 or even 404.

when he brought it out i thought he was only showing me, then he dropped the hint he likes an odd tooheys old stubby. But then proceeded to explain the lot or nothing so i had to except the other 2 saws, i don't like offending a man good enough to give me saws that were once their pride and joy.

there was another smaller toy in the transaction, little old pioneer, which i already have several of the type.

The Jakmax catalogue lists the dimensions of sprockets, you might find one to fit

Back