the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to beat this last week bah not a chance square filed lightened & tricked very fast... I threw my 310 chain pushin too hard,,, i though hmm that was sprocket going kaput but nope i just stretched it on the down cut and it flipped off on the up cut

WP_20140329_15_27_19_Smart.jpg

20140405_172306.jpg 20140405_172254.jpg The wife says 10 minutes before I go to work to light the fire shes cold. I'm hoping our winter does not follow that of the USA.

I should be ok cos even next years wood out the back of the section is dry and ready to go.

The wood under the plum tree surrounded by the wisteria is 3 year old bluegum and a bit of plum that was dead wood standing. Sparks were flying when I cut that up!

them fluted barrels make any real difference to heat dispersion ,not shore if thats a heavy varmint barrel or not ?

them fluted barrels make any real difference to heat dispersion ,not shore if thats a heavy varmint barrel or not ?
YEP a heavy tube and no it's all bs on the cooling i would rather the extra weight with a smooth barrel but it's how they come

YEP a heavy tube and no it's all bs on the cooling i would rather the extra weight with a smooth barrel but it's how they come

yeah didn't think they would do much, other than look like there doing something ..... . i was looking at cartridges and i see why the 7mm rem mag burns
barrels faster , looks like the 7mm Ultra mag would be even hotter again

That's an easy one Neil. Because it's 120HP it should have been running 3/4" harvester chain.

My goodness, 120hp would be a rush,,,, perhaps just a little optimistic but thanks. 3/4 chain will make it just a little nose heavy but the rooster tail it would produce...... wow.

Not running that cutty cutty chain will be what happened for sure:D

No Chris !!!. That saw did not have cutty cutty chain as you all very well know the Matt-ster flatly refused to allow me to use one, remember he even went so far as to produce a small video publicly saying the fact,,,, bastard even stated or commented on my height, which hurt deeply too I might add.

My goodness, 120hp would be a rush,,,, perhaps just a little optimistic but thanks. 3/4 chain will make it just a little nose heavy but the rooster tail it would produce...... wow.

But that's what you told me it was punching out when you were trying to justify the use of Cutty Cutty Long Time chain?

yeah didn't think they would do much, other than look like there doing something ..... . i was looking at cartridges and i see why the 7mm rem mag burns
barrels faster , looks like the 7mm Ultra mag would be even hotter again

The Ultra Mags are getting stupid and are generally reserved for people with more money than brains :) You sometimes have to be wary about barrel life claims too as a lot of these are made by benchrest shooters who say a barrel is worn out the second accuracy starts to drop by even a millimeter.
I love accuracy as much as the next bloke but I'm not binning a $1000 barrel just because it's gone from 1/2 MOA to 3/4 MOA.
If I miss any long range shots it's mainly because I get the bullet drop or windage wrong.

Hard to be sure but i think the whole dam bar fell off,,,,, loose nuts i say

Well that's an assumption, accusing me for failing to do my pre race checks properly.
I think you are right, if they are not tight they will unwind within a couple of seconds.

Latest posts

Back