the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't heard of those before would be ok on small flocks on hobby farms ect I would think and would expect them to protect kids well also

Are they dingos or just wild dogs? Plenty of wild dog attacks on sheep on the cooma monaro so much so a lot of farmers are giving sheep the swerve split posts right about alpacas ect protecting sheep from foxes but there no match for a dog

Mainly wild dogs but we see an odd yellow fella. They are not too bad at the farm but if we ran some sheep I think we would see a lot more. Others (pit street farmers) who bought hobby farms years ago have tried but failed miserably, mainly because they go off to work through the week and come up to the farm on weekends.

Done deal Matty 2,,,, foxes here as well, but a fair few dingoes are my concern.
Our little farm is only small, hardly worth your effort coming up. If your keen I could arrange a weekend doging up on the tablelands. He would welcome us as he is having dingo trouble with sheep as we speek.

I would love to I have something like 400 hours of leave I just never get around to taking

I think the trutrac did help the back lash a bit in the ute but the wagons auto so smooth as ever. What oil should I be useing with the trutrac its got 90/140 at the moment I run it in everything except the r380

They are pretty oil tolerant, whatever you are using will be fine and ideally not an LSD additised fluid.

An xW-140 is overkill for a Rover diff, any old xW-90 Gl-5 diff oil will look after them, but a 140 is the right choice for a Sals IMO.
The big bastard gets frigging hot !

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

They are pretty oil tolerant, whatever you are using will be fine and ideally not an LSD additised fluid.

An xW-140 is overkill for a Rover diff, any old xW-90 Gl-5 diff oil will look after them, but a 140 is the right choice for a Sals IMO.
The big bastard gets frigging hot !

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Ile have to check but it may have a LSD additive in it whats that going to do? I run that oil so I don't have drums of crap every where and jut use the one oil in the lot

intermission time for big rigging vid

Been thinking about this vid all day and cannot wonder why they would want to hold up a falling length of log from that height. My point being, for what purpose is this practice done for.
My guess it as because they can and nothing else,,,,, so much skill and ability to do but asking for trouble for the viewing pleasure of others.

That Stihl was cutting nice as well.

Been thinking about this vid all day and cannot wonder why they would want to hold up a falling length of log from that height. My point being, for what purpose is this practice done for.
My guess it as because they can and nothing else,,,,, so much skill and ability to do but asking for trouble for the viewing pleasure of others.

+1

the vid was for practice there would be no justifiable reason to dismantle that tree in that location if true hazard reduction practice use Eg avoid risk 1st the control then manage etc etc That tree was in open bush dropping it would be no harm done. But if was in a home garden or tight location break up and lower work will be needed this is where climbers get $ for skills in tricky rope and cut work.
Logging over big heads logs with winch and tackle makes me wonder too, it a thing of late that many do but i prefer chunking it down much safer and less dynamic

Latest posts

Back