the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but husky has.... yeah I got nothing.

Go the orange and white ones! :D

"If you can't bet them buy them" is the way they've have gone. Like cooper tyres, couldn't make a mud tyre to save them selves that wouldn't chip or de laminate so they bought Mickey Thompson for there mud tyre technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a comparo and at last count less models in saws then husqpolmcred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consumers don't see those three as one company and not sure if sales are counted as one either. There were a few threads on here about it a while back from a US dealer who loved Stihl more than you :)
Stihl do stuff well though, no doubt about it. Good products and a good worldwide network.
Also get rid of that bloody Tapatalk footer.

So they're getting the same power from 82cc with injection compared to 91 with mtronic. I say hurry up and inject a MS 661!

It will be interesting to see torque though. HP/kw is one thing but torque is what counts. Capacity makes torque unless they start running forced induction on saws :)

Know ya tell me,how long ago did Cooper work out how to make a mud tyre then.
Looks like for while now. Cousin had some ST's and they chipped out something chronic. there new range of aggressive AT's and the STT's seem to do alright now and available in more sizes in oz then Mickey t's especially smaller sizes and for 17"s

I want 245/75 16's for my lux, same OD as a 31" but a bit narrower and better load ratting. Can't gets Mickey mtz's which I'm running in a 31" now. So it's cooper STT's, bfg km2, Goodyear duratrak or mtr, maxxis mt764 and a selection of $200 eBay specials or goto 235/85's or 265/75's but I don't want the extra width of the 265 else I might as well stick with 31's

I want 245/75 16's for my lux, same OD as a 31" but a bit narrower and better load ratting. Can't gets Mickey mtz's which I'm running in a 31" now. So it's cooper STT's, bfg km2, Goodyear duratrak or mtr, maxxis mt764 and a selection of $200 eBay specials or goto 235/85's or 265/75's but I don't want the extra width of the 265 else I might as well stick with 31's

This is were i got myne from,free frieght to Cap citys

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LT-245-7...ccessories&hash=item417ef3b302#ht_1212wt_1124

Looks like for while now. Cousin had some ST's and they chipped out something chronic. there new range of aggressive AT's and the STT's seem to do alright now and available in more sizes in oz then Mickey t's especially smaller sizes and for 17"s

Generally too hard a compound (trying to increase life) causes this.
The tread blocks don't conform enough on rocks/shale/dirt and just tear instead.
It's why Cooper introduced the ST/C (chip resistant)
The ST/C just don't last as long in general running around.

BFG had the same problem when the MT KM first came out.
Our dirt roads around here are mostly crushed shale and it just destroyed the then new BFG muddies.
A set I saw on a Lowlux were totally destroyed and they only had something like 15,000km on them.
BFG had to quickly reformulate the compound and by the time I ran them (two sets) they were fine, but I only ever got 50,000km out of them and they were almost slicks by that stage.

I'm limited to BFG, Maxxis 762 and Copper ST in the size I run (255/85-16) and I won't run Coopers, just don't trust them anymore even though I ran a set of ST's on the ex's Patrol years ago, and they worked well.
I'll keep running 762's, on my second set now and happy but they are quickly losing their price advantage over BFG so the next set may end up being BFG MT KM2's.

Mickey T's have a damned good rep even though they come out of a Cooper factory, so go figure....

I really want to run Toyo Open Pro MT's, Toyo have an amazing reputation among outback tour operators but Toyo keep refusing to bring 255/85's in, even though they are available in the US, bastards !

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Yeh the first batch of km2's weren't much chop apparently as you've said. I had some original km's and so did the uncle and they where great. I only for rid of mine to go to 31's as the 30's looked a bit sad once I put a lift in it done just over 40k in them now and will get 20-30 more until they'll be no good in the wet stuff. I rotate them every 5k when I oil change as I have an auto locker in the back

Yeh the first batch of km2's weren't much chop apparently as you've said. I had some original km's and so did the uncle and they where great. I only for rid of mine to go to 31's as the 30's looked a bit sad once I put a lift in it done just over 40k in them now and will get 20-30 more until they'll be no good in the wet stuff. I rotate them every 5k when I oil change as I have an auto locker in the back

Were they the ones that don't like sand?

Back