the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just like to know how we go with warranty if i have an issue with it. is it covered by stihl here in au
any info would be great, maybe hear from some body that has bort one from over seas
regards peter

just like to know how we go with warranty if i have an issue with it. is it covered by stihl here in au
any info would be great, maybe hear from some body that has bort one from over seas
regards peter

No warranty unfortunately, that is the only disadvantage of importing saws.

regards peter

no warranty you will have to fix it your self if you get one from the states

regards peter

No warranty as mentioned but if insurance is covering it buy one in Australia.

Has anyone heard from that Rick fella, I think he might be enjoying his 'holiday' to much :msp_biggrin:

homelite eks 1400 chainsaw

I got a homelite eks 1400 chainsaw for free.

I decided to fix it up for mum to prune her fruit trees.

The chain was blunt junk so I got a Carlton chain for it.

The bar did not seem to lube much at all, eventually the chain got some shine on it but not happy with it.

I cut biscuit of my hard as cement test log that I have used for other saws.

I deliberately tried to make it kick back to test it and all I did was unplug it.

I tried to do a plunge cut and ruined the bar.

The saw has now bee over capitalised and has a 14 inch mini stihl bar on it.

The old bar had no oil holes drilled into it.

The old bar was made of Kr@P it was a solid tip soft as

Photos and a short video to follow your amusement

Looking for a little maintenance advice, over the weekend I had to do some cutting in a bloody cold river, some of the logs we partially under water, which meant the bar went under too, spraying water everywhere etc etc, cutting was a success. Anything in particular I need to do to make sure the saw is not going to have any long term issues ? Rust? I pulled the clutch cover, cleaned out all the wet chips, ran it without the cover, bolted all back together, wiped it down and ran it some more.

Ask Andrew (Stillman441), he's the master at saw polishing! ;)

I just dribbled in to see whats crackin :)

How ya been keeping Rope?

about $680 for the saw $150 for post and pack and $50 to $100 for someone's trouble so about $930 au

Daz you forgot about a coupla hundred bucks for porting!

Has anyone heard from that Rick fella, I think he might be enjoying his 'holiday' to much :msp_biggrin:

Who? Oh yeah that tricky Ricky fella. Isn't he off taking slapping classes?

How they hanging Al old son?
Mine are pretty north, cold here...

oh
attachment.php

How ya been mate, bubs and mum and that over rated past time, sleeping? :msp_scared:

Gunna be super flat out from Wednesday onwards with two Satellite installs per day! Stuffed up booking two a day! :cry:

Tracy down on her parent's farm doing their wool classing as per normal. Zoe down there too so I'm batching it. Might even finally get around to installing a carb kit and crank seals on a customer's 010AV.
For some reason dirty dishes seem to be piling up and clothes seem to stay wrinkled. For the life of me I can't work it out?
Have fun with the satellite installs. Hope it's above -5°C :D

Tracy down on her parent's farm doing their wool classing as per normal. Zoe down there too so I'm batching it. Might even finally get around to installing a carb kit and crank seals on a customer's 010AV.
For some reason dirty dishes seem to be piling up and clothes seem to stay wrinkled. For the life of me I can't work it out?
Have fun with the satellite installs. Hope it's above -5°C :D

Matt are you going to be ok with that huge 010av, do you need a hand to start it.:msp_sneaky:

Back