the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things leak from between the crank case and the carb. It is the valve block with the reed in it. They have a habit of warping. Pull it off and run it on some glass on some wet and dry to flatten it out 2 new gaskets and should be in business. Is it an early walbro or later zama?
Cool! Thanks for the lead.
It's a Zama.

Bennn*e

What's the best current production saw Stihl produces and why?

What is the best saw they have ever produced and why?

Of course, this is just your opinion, but I feel it is a valued one.

Thanks

Depends what your doing with it. I love my 150 t ***** over a 192 is made properly and is half a kg lighter even though not as powerful that little 1/4p chain does the trick. 241 always continues to impress, good torquey little saw that's great on fuel. 441 again nice and smooth great filter system. 660 as reliable as a sunrise yeh not so great on fuel but will always get the job done. I would have to say the 241 is my favourite current saw. Looking to get a ported 261 or 362 not sure yet as I don't actually have a running 60cc saw at the moment. Have some 034's to go back together. All time again hard one. 1108 series 08s powered things/multiply use power head, still used today on the bt360. 1106 series, contra lightning 070/090. ms720 still in production. I would have to say the 1121 series saws, 024/026 240/260. My 026 is my general goto saw, 16" good all round general purpose saw

I won't comment on current Stihl saws but the 200T is the best saw Stihl have produced without a doubt. They had a market all to themselves and opposition companies had no hope of matching it despite various failed attempts.

Depends what your doing with it. I love my 150 t ***** over a 192 is made properly and is half a kg lighter even though not as powerful that little 1/4p chain does the trick. 241 always continues to impress, good torquey little saw that's great on fuel. 441 again nice and smooth great filter system. 660 as reliable as a sunrise yeh not so great on fuel but will always get the job done. I would have to say the 241 is my favourite current saw. Looking to get a ported 261 or 362 not sure yet as I don't actually have a running 60cc saw at the moment. Have some 034's to go back together. All time again hard one. 1108 series 08s powered things/multiply use power head, still used today on the bt360. 1106 series, contra lightning 070/090. ms720 still in production. I would have to say the 1121 series saws, 024/026 240/260. My 026 is my general goto saw, 16" good all round general purpose saw

Great answer Benn*ne, depends what you're doing with it.

Thanks.....

What if I am disposing of McBanned's body, what would you recommend in that application?

To be honest, I am very upset with your answer. You have only named one saw I currently own.

I guess I will eventually get over it.

Time will tell

I thought the best saw is the one that makes the buyer the most $ net of purchasing and running/repairing costs.
On that basis, it would be my 7900, but glad to see my 241 in Bennn*e's list.

Both bought on Matt's recommendation. He did real good on both counts, chur bro. 'bout the only two times I've listened to him. Might have to make more of a habit of doing so. He couldn't have fluked twice in a row, surely?

Of those reading this who have a ported/modified 241, what work do you recommend and who please? I'm thinking, if $ permits, of getting another 241 and seeing what someone who knows their stuff can do to it.

Lmao bloody hell boby , remind me never to take you jungle style ripping ...youll fall of the log and break your neck

Now mate you shouldn't say that, i have read an interesting article on the man him self where he used to demonstrate log falling with new macs to potensial chainsaw buyers (full time log fallers) in the field.
Showing the whole process of log falling to guys who done it for a living with his new product.

I have also read another article where he used to race and beat log fallers in the bush with ''out of the box 125's with a new chain''against log fallers useing their 090's and their falling chains.
His point was clearly stated Quote '' If i win you buy a new 125 mac at my price and if you win you get a super deal'' .

So Kain, just maybe the man could actually out perform you if given an equal opertunity. ;)

Now mate you shouldn't say that, i have read an interesting article on the man him self where he used to demonstrate log falling with new macs to potensial chainsaw buyers (full time log fallers) in the field.
Showing the whole process of log falling to guys who done it for a living with his new product.

I have also read another article where he used to race and beat log fallers in the bush with ''out of the box 125's with a new chain''against log fallers useing their 090's and their falling chains.
His point was clearly stated Quote '' If i win you buy a new 125 mac at my price and if you win you get a super deal'' .

So Cain, just maybe the man could actually out perform you if given an equal opertunity. ;)

=================================================================================

You certainly have a way with words Neil pity your not the sharpest pencil in the pack anymore you certainly embellish a simple story to suit your own means like a lot of other things you twist around

Maybe just maybe on some occasions you can sharpen a chain but some of the past loggers or post rippers I have meet couldn't even though they done it for a living not all are the perfect cutter like you

I suppose hearing that from me must have cut you pretty deep and when you should have taken two aspros and had a little lay down you didn't silly little boy

Besides I never have and even said I fell logs again your memory is failing I left that to the faller or post ripper to do ..... I have ripped the occasional bawk

Best advice I can offer you Top Gun is take a couple of aspros and give you memory a rest ................. otherwise i'll end up bigger and badder than Ben Hur ( Read as Niel ) and we can't have that can we

Your loving mate McBob .................... xoxoxoxoxo

McBob from the time before Husky and Neil ruled the bush

I thought the best saw is the one that makes the buyer the most $ net of purchasing and running/repairing costs.
On that basis, it would be my 7900, but glad to see my 241 in Bennn*e's list.

Both bought on Matt's recommendation. He did real good on both counts, chur bro. 'bout the only two times I've listened to him. Might have to make more of a habit of doing so. He couldn't have fluked twice in a row, surely?

Of those reading this who have a ported/modified 241, what work do you recommend and who please? I'm thinking, if $ permits, of getting another 241 and seeing what someone who knows their stuff can do to it.
I got a 241 ported for a friend but didn't personally run it. And I have a ported 261 but haven't ran it yet but both are killer ported apparently. Some of us are having a GTG with a melb based porter. ( can't remember his name ) soon maybe he could save you a heap of shipping costs to the USA.
So if u can wait a coupla weeks we can report back on that.

I got a 241 ported for a friend but didn't personally run it. And I have a ported 261 but haven't ran it yet but both are killer ported apparently. Some of us are having a GTG with a melb based porter. ( can't remember his name ) soon maybe he could save you a heap of shipping costs to the USA.
So if u can wait a coupla weeks we can report back on that.
Cheers. Could be a plan.

Looking to get a ported 261 or 362.........

Good question chippy and good answer from bennie. Another Q for bennie, mate - you, amongst other, seem to recognise the benefits of "porting" chainsaw motors and if you read this forum for more than 5 minutes you will read about how good ported saws go with improvements in power, torque, fuel economy.

Here goes...........LOL...........If porting is so bloody good how come saw motors aren't ported in the factory, it can't be that hard in a environment set up to produce thousands of motors on a daily basis ?

Appreciate your input bennie, great stuff :clap:

Good question chippy and good answer from bennie. Another Q for bennie, mate - you, amongst other, seem to recognise the benefits of "porting" chainsaw motors and if you read this forum for more than 5 minutes you will read about how good ported saws go with improvements in power, torque, fuel economy.

Here goes...........LOL...........If porting is so bloody good how come saw motors aren't ported in the factory, it can't be that hard in a environment set up to produce thousands of motors on a daily basis ?

Appreciate your input bennie, great stuff :clap:

Emissions, fuel economy, and potential reliability. The biggest though would not be letting all the cats out of the bag at once.

Back