the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now come on Matt, anyone that would want biodynamic or organic beans would NEVER have artificial sweeteners.
Get with the program !

And anyway, I don't need sugar, I'm sweet enough as I am... [emoji1]

I meant Stevia mate. Artificial but natural. I've heard you're a sweetie :) Your mate at the cafe said so.

Landed at my home for just under $300.00, 1/3 being freight.
I guess it's a fast service they chose because it cost about $90 to get a powerhead to Aus, but that took a while to get there. Lemme know if I can do anything at this end to help. But probably too late, but maybe next time. In fact if any of you guys need stuff from NZ, just sing out. We haven't yet hit dollar parity with you guys yet, although I think we gave it a good nudge a few weeks back.

Anyone on here grub out stumps on the Mornington Peninsula? I have about 16 to do, all gums, 5 really small could pull them out with the cruiser, 6 small and about 5 medium size with a trunk around 300mm at chest height. Most will do to about 300mm deep but 1 or 2 might need a bit more to get rid of the root ball as they will be excavating footings for a new house and the builder wants them gone before starting work. I suspect he is not great to work with and will hammer the owner with variations if he thinks he can get away with it, as I suggested pulling them out with the excavator when doing that work but he is not open to the idea......and I would have thought the cheapest and easiest option as I have done it that way myself many times.....

Hey Kiwi

Did you go ahead with the 241CM?
Nup. Mostly because the $ for the whole project hasn't come through yet. Secondly, it's a marginal game and I'd only do it if the exchange rates are in my favour and/or just want to prove a point and give Stihl NZ the big middle finger (no disrespect intended towards our fellow dribbler and all-round good bugger stihl dealer).

Nup. Mostly because the $ for the whole project hasn't come through yet. Secondly, it's a marginal game and I'd only do it if the exchange rates are in my favour and/or just want to prove a point and give Stihl NZ the big middle finger (no disrespect intended towards our fellow dribbler and all-round good bugger stihl dealer).

Yeah, it doesn't make sense unless you bring in a pallet then things look quite good.

Quite a few of the dealers I've spoken to will play ball and offer some half decent prices on Stihl saws, but there is still plenty that simply cannot do so because of their high purchase cost and high overheads here. You should see the local Stihl HQ here, must add at least 30% to the cost of product sold here, that doesn't make sense to me.

Where there's a will (or belligerent Kiwi user with an unhealthy dislike for Stihl NZ), there's a way mate. Might just take a bit of time before at least a pallet load is worth doing. But then why stop at a pallet? Might as well fill a container, but then the other gear I need to buy is most likely in another country, so it gets trickier trying to fill just one can. Will cook something up, just don't know what just yet, or when.

On a completely different note, how long would you guys consider reasonable to wait for a sawmill manufacturer to re-work the wet noodle of a beam they sold you? A few weeks, a few months?

On a completely different note, how long would you guys consider reasonable to wait for a sawmill manufacturer to re-work the wet noodle of a beam they sold you? A few weeks, a few months?

He flies around a lot so probably a month maybe?

Are you assuming he was actually doing the rework rather than handing that over to others? And what if it is more than a month?

Just clicked over a month and the rework plan has changed in that time. Time will tell if it was worth the weight. But how much time is anyones guess.

just killed the 2nd OEM coil on my ms261 :-(

gotta say the stihl coils must definately have an issue, either that or iam the unluckiest stihl user around.

fortinately i had a chinese copy in the gear bag to get me out of trouble,
thinking i will stick with the 20 buck specials for now.

Let me know what it's like old son.

Feckin hell, I walked out exhausted !

It's full on, never let up, and it's so cool hearing all those Aussie accents in a big budget fillum like this. :D

Tom Hardy's ok as Max, but no one, and I mean no one can do wild eyed, unhinged no one's home madness like Mel.

Latest posts

Back