the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is surprising how many people never make it past their L plates or make it on to their Ps and give it up. It isn't for everyone. I have have a bike for 35 years now, didn't get a car licence until I had to for work at the age of 20, I spent the first five years wholly on motorcycles.

in cold tassy thats to be admired i got mine bike L at 17 and 9 months on the day rode solid for years i remember when i got my car i'd drive with the windows all down cus it felt just wrong now,,,well i lost my bike mojo its gone sigh,,, i'd like to say will come back but looking grim

Anyhoo 2 week road trip north tomoz with dear wife and her i30 will keep you all posted as we go

did my Ls on line a month ago. Need a bike to learn on. Not wanting to race or daily ride, just something I can build and go for short trips on. check the surf etc ... Probably should buy a house/unit first :angry:

I keep a scooter just for that, I know it sounds lame but it is a good alternative. I don't know what rego costs in QLD but in TAS it is $580 plus each year for a bike over 125cc but under 125cc it is only $220. I use a 2008 big wheel Aprilia scarabeo with a drive mod and a few other bits and pieces. You get laughed at but it kills most cars around town, does 110km on the highway and doesn't get knocked off line by potholes- and only cost $300.

Plenty of bikes out there that are cheap, just don't buy a wreck and ride safely.

Aprilia_scarabeo_stpz

Walking in the local park a wedge tail eagle lived there and every time I took my mum's dog a shiatsu x Maltese terrier the thing would fly over hoping to have a go at it...I couldn't let it get too far away from me, the eagle would just have picked it up no problem, and it was 9kg.

Those other things even look like seagulls to me

It is surprising how many people never make it past their L plates or make it on to their Ps and give it up. It isn't for everyone. I have have a bike for 35 years now, didn't get a car licence until I had to for work at the age of 20, I spent the first five years wholly on motorcycles.

i ride all year round and it is all i use to get to and from work and have done for more years then i can rember i only take the car if im going with the wife out for the day or the ute if there is work to be done.
20150803_071457.jpg

gone and done it now, decided to become one of those horrible killers that aca/today tonight wont leave alone......

for those that didnt figure it out i brought an adler

Good stuff. But the kitties in the media won't stop there ********. **** nioa those kitties need rooting

Got a nice load of Grey Gum today. You don't hear much about Australian Grey Gum well on the interwebs anyway??, it's a very sort after hardwood timber for its durability strength and hardness it's up there with Ironbark and the Box family of timber for hardness..
A very heavy hardwood also it's weight comes in at well over 1200 kg a m3.. A pack of QLD sleepers (30 in a pack) weighs about 2.5 tonnes and that's real tonnes = 1000 kg not the American baby ton of 900 kg..
Definitely one of those timbers that no matter how sharp and well tuned your chain is you will get chattering/vibration feed back! .404 shines in this stuff holding an edge! might even wear some paint off your bar through no fault of own haha...

http://www.woodsolutions.com.au/Wood-Species/grey-gum

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

i ride all year round and it is all i use to get to and from work and have done for more years then i can rember i only take the car if im going with the wife out for the day or the ute if there is work to be done.
View attachment 499637

I imagine cornering would be tricky in snow? ya crazy Tasmanian! haha.;)

to the husky gents... 394 leaks bar oil from where you can adjust the delivery volume. whats the fix before i strip it down so i can get bits if need be.
Replace the little o ring and maybe the oil pick up line, all good then, I usually put a bit of silicon sealer around the oil pump assembly when I install it

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

Back