the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right o boys seems ive finally worn out my hd filters for the big makita, wheres the best place to buy them these days with out getting bent over too badly?
Not really sure if this is good or not but I just paid US$23 each. If that's all you need, they may be able to include a few more in the parcel to me and I can send them on, if the parcel hasn't left and you can't find a better deal. Not sure what post from NZ will cost though.

Let me take stock of what I have in contra bits first,i'm working on 3 of them and may need stuff
but will definitely keep what i have left over aside for you.

Not really sure if this is good or not but I just paid US$23 each. If that's all you need, they may be able to include a few more in the parcel to me and I can send them on, if the parcel hasn't left and you can't find a better deal. Not sure what post from NZ will cost though.

thanks for the offer mate but just trying to find out who people are using these days, last time i ordered stuff from the us everyone was still using baileys

G'day lads,

question I have just acquired a very abused Stihl 044 which needs a rebuild, shes in a bad state, I have stripped her down and it looks like its going to be a full rebuild here, bearings a shot, seals are bad etc , I live in SA and was curious about asking who would you recommend for a rebuild service?, now I would usually do this, but due to to many other projects and 2 toddler boys needing my attention every 2 seconds, I am thinking of getting someone else to do it for me. I wouldn't mind someone local but if the price is right I would send the case and parts to have it done...

any suggestions here.......... before I create a new separate thread and ask the world..:)

I am due to take of the cylinder this weekend, I have removed the parts checked both intake and muffler ports and looked into the piston, no scores I can see, looks good from that point, but will know more when its off.

Back