The cheapest saw ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is the cheapest made saw to ever cross your bench? For me I think it would be the Hitachi 33cc (if I remember correctly) rear handle. The plastic and construction of that thing was just junk.

The cheapest thing on my workbench .. a bunch of Poulan Wild Things . Not the cheapest saw out there..but the cheapest that Ill bring home !

IMO the poulans are miles ahead of the hitachi. These things say made in china on them and they show it.

McCatCrap plastic homeowner rubbish junk that a neighbour owned, never sharpened never mind cleaned, cheap 4t fuel mix and bar oil, chain hanging off and cutters that looked better facing backwards. Once it was cleaned I found that under all the crap was an even bigger pile of crap pretending to be a chainsaw. If it isn't the cheapest then it should be, about $1 would be right. It was awful and not designed to be repaired, no spares anywhere. Buy it, use it, throw it away. Best to skip the first two.
I'd like to run a proper mcculloch one day, that thing most certainly wasn't

I haven't work on a ton of saws but by far cheapest one was my buddies troy-built. Nothing on that saw looked like any thought was given to design.

What is the cheapest made saw to ever cross your bench? For me I think it would be the Hitachi 33cc (if I remember correctly) rear handle. The plastic and construction of that thing was just junk.
I hope to find one of those used and inexpensive someday. It's a clamshell with quad transfers and removable transfer covers. It should be easy to port. Remove the cat material from the muffler and you could make a really light little screamer. 8.6 lbs and A/V.

Have you owned one of thier excavators?
Around here they outlast any others.I have a EX200-5,i know i wouldn't trade it for any other make with similar extras or hours...not a chance in hell.
Thomas

I would also like to hear what was wrong or bad with the Hitachi excavators, they were some of the best I have been around. The 200 series were near bullet proof around here. Recently the Volvo excavators have been near duds on the turntable seals and swing motors.

Have you owned one of thier excavators?
Around here they outlast any others.I have a EX200-5,i know i wouldn't trade it for any other make with similar extras or hours...not a chance in hell.
Thomas
Cat,Mack and Cadillac!! I'm sorry my opinion differs from yours. Merry Christmass!

+1 for the Chinese homelites. A close second would be the Chinese Macs.
Some Earthquakes are better built than the current homies and macs.

I hope to find one of those used and inexpensive someday. It's a clamshell with quad transfers and removable transfer covers. It should be easy to port. Remove the cat material from the muffler and you could make a really light little screamer. 8.6 lbs and A/V.

I got the thing on the bay right now...

Back