The Chinese Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a freebie,
PICT0011Custom.jpg

After a few hours use this is what had to be replaced/repaired
Carby
The starter
Oil pump
Clutch
fix the gap between the air filter box and carby
choke linkage didn't engage

The actual engine seems ok, just everything that bolts on around it is not good.

Well since i'm over the bashing stuff i'll take it was it free ol mate dont worry it will only be for occassional use and i'll take good care of it promise

McBob.

This was a freebie,
PICT0011Custom.jpg

After a few hours use this is what had to be replaced/repaired
Carby
The starter
Oil pump
Clutch
fix the gap between the air filter box and carby
choke linkage didn't engage

The actual engine seems ok, just everything that bolts on around it is not good.

Thats a really good lookin saw there.

Duh??
Cannot really compare industrial espionage to "the spoils" of war can you? The Peenemunde scientists which included rocket pioneers like Wernher vonBraun fled west towards the American forces to avoid capture by the Soviets. If they hadn't the world might be a different place than we know right now!
Last time I looked Southern Ontario was not part of that great nation to the south of me....so I cannot really be grouped in with "you fellas". Canadians didn't enter into the space program until the shuttle program.
And don't forget for a minute McBob if it wasn't for our uncles and grandfathers you would probably be dining on sushi tonight!

Dont forget we were busy defending the empire of the poms instead of being where we should have been looking after our own back yard

I'm an ex service man i respect those who saved us from what could have been and i dont take their sacrifics lightly but i thought this thread was about chinese saws
and those who may have experiance with them see how threads wonder lets get back on track
This is not about ethics i just need a good honest answer to getting a product ..................

Is this a Dolmar or a Jonsered ...................... black and red gees this gets confusing

LOL, I dunno. Has Johnny red colors but looks like an 075? Seems Ive heard of poeple havin good luck with some of the Chinese Stihls. I really wish i could help ya more.........

Wow, this thread is a little over 5 hours old and Ozflea hasn't been banned yet for being a troll. Shocking!

"The only thing America has done for the world in the last 50 years is save it's azz from tyranny."

Crikey, I was wondering what I was doing in Viet Nam - now I know, I was saving the world from tyranical domination by subsistence farmers.

There are differences in the quality of the Chinese saws based upon which factory manufactured them. I have a Husky 365 copy with a big bore kit and it starts very easy and runs well. It is not labeled a Husqvarna, it is labeled a 'HH365 Gasoline Chainsaw'. There is no intent to fool people that it is a Husky, it is simply a cheaper built version of one of Husky's earlier saws.

funny how nobody jumps down a yanks throat when one of them starts a thread about useing a cicom big bore kit or replacement p&c and there has been heaps of them ??? :bad_smelly:

Last edited:
Legitimate companies all over the world are being victimized by these people. Husky, Stihl, Yamaha, and others spend millions on research and development of a product only to have these chumps come in and "reverse engineer" their product and market it without having to incur even close to what they spent. It should in my opinion be illegal to import and sell this trash! I've spent a good chunk of change on my two Husky saws without ever considering the alternative!

The consumer has the most power in all this, if you don't like what is going on just don't buy any of their stuff. If you do end up buying it then before long the legitimate companies will be out of business and the Chinese stuff will be all you can buy. Then THEY will start charging the Stihl prices for their stuff! Haven't you noticed that happening in other items?

Have you owned one to know, really bashing is not what this thread is about i wanna buy a 090 / 070 bottom end china might make a decent one thats what i need to know and whats their canks like

McBob.

stihlcrank.jpg

stihlccase.jpg

And besides i'd be buying new items not worn out junk at ebay prices i recall 30 years ago way before the chinese started Italy was doing the same i think Effco were the company making many replacement parts for various saws

Since most of us are biased maybe you should buy one yourself and let us know how it came out...

Legitimate companies all over the world are being victimized by these people. Husky, Stihl, Yamaha, and others spend millions on research and development of a product only to have these chumps come in and "reverse engineer" their product and market it without having to incur even close to what they spent. It should in my opinion be illegal to import and sell this trash! I've spent a good chunk of change on my two Husky saws without ever considering the alternative!

If the Chinese depended on me to buy their products they would soon have nothing to do with all their junk.

They have been allowed to pirate everything from DVD's to chainsaws while Western governments sit on their butts and do nothing about it.

The reality is they here and even stihl cant make them go away injust wanna buy 1 not the company

Besides that what happened when America prostituded the rest of the world with there less than superior quality products
Face it fellas once you were at the top of the tree but now sitting a row or two back might be your proper place

And thats right the truth hurts doesn't it.

McBob.

I just saw an article that some U S Marines were soon to be based in Australia.

I wonder why???:hmm3grin2orange:

Have to agree with another poster. The quality of steel used will not be the same, nor the fit and finish. Would not believe the tolerances to be good either. Remember the sheet rock incident a few years back?. How about the steel used in the Bay bridge? Inferior in every aspect except first glance. I'm sure they might work in the short term, but would not waste my time buying inferior stuff, especially if Ii had to put the saw together from parts.

Just ask a question

Is this a Dolmar or a Jonsered ...................... black and red gees this gets confusing

Says Shindiawa on the cover.

Just ask a question!!! Don't just start off with a challenge!!!!! Leave out the commentary if you don't want to start something.
[/U][/I]"Enough of the china bashing"

Then do a little bashing.
"Face it fellas once you were at the top of the tree but now sitting a row or two back might be your proper place"

What is my proper place?

Ready to stop the bashing.
"really bashing is not what this thread is"

Just my 2cents.

Larry

I just saw an article that some U S Marines were soon to be based in Australia.

I wonder why???:hmm3grin2orange:

Theres about 4 thousand of them not all marines due near Amberley if there not there already their proberly here to protect us against the chings .... oops that right they already own half of Australia all we will have left is a bloody deep hole where Australia used to be proberly with a sand bank for the US marines to guard

:popcorn: ................ HO HUM CAN WE GET BACK TO THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.

Last edited:
Here is my take only as a quality issue goes. It is not the country of origin or the factory either it is the original vendor that is responsible for good or poor quality. I worked for a factory that made parts for GM and identical parts that went to China. The parts China rejected we re-boxed and shipped to GM.

Here is my take only as a quality issue goes. It is not the country of origin or the factory either it is the original vendor that is responsible for good or poor quality. I worked for a factory that made parts for GM and identical parts that went to China. The parts China rejected we re-boxed and shipped to GM.

Sounds about right heck my joint is half chinese now looking at the labells

I'd better start learning how to talk chinese now

Not really Chinese bashing. Just trying to point out you generally get what you pay for. Good quality steel, alloys, machining and tooling does not come cheap. Nationality is not really a factor, however, a lot of cheaply made tool products are presently coming out of China.

Latest posts

Back