The Chinese Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense here pardner but you don't have a CLUE about what you have bought that may have come straight from China!

Corporations were the first to see that offshore manufacturing was the easiest way to increase the profit margin. Due to MANY factors they went to these other countries to have parts or entire products manufactured and sold them as original.
Who can blame the companies that our corporations contracted with if they continued to manufacture those products after the original contract expired?

WE taught the offshore manufacturers how to steal our designs!
WE elected politicians who passed laws that made it impossible to stay in business.
WE demanded greater return for the stocks we bought!
WE demanded wages and benefits that were unreasonable when compared to other countries.
WE had to have more "stuff" at less cost!

So don't go blaming and pointing fingers.
If you want to see who caused this problem, look in the mirror.

Mike

I think you are correct. I don't think they make crappy products for their own use, just for the rest of the world that wants something for little cost.

Well rest easy fellas the first step to enhancing china's weath has been taken i bought a crankcase off them and a greek crankshaft now we're talking a good mixture
The greeks will enjoy their new found wealth the debt recovery is on its way i also bought a few more cheapo chinese bits to ease the burden as well

A week or so and i'll be able to start slapping on some colour to the planned McStihl i have the paint in stock and i'll be able to label it "Mac Super Pro 090"

Oh happy days are here again ................... McBob

Now fellas you can reholster ya firearms ............................ duck shootin season is over

crankcase1.jpg

Dont forget the crank is Greek

090crank.jpg

rearhandle1-1.jpg

090topcover1.jpg

clutchsidecover.jpg

I have to file chainsaw off the cover before painting cant have the fellas thinking its chinese now can we.

oilpump1.jpg

muffler1.jpg

090ignitionunit.jpg

]

Last edited:
"PS. I think making gun analogies with Americans is kind of ironic. If you Aussies want to hit a barn you will have to bring the sling shot, or did they make you join a slingshot club to own one?"

You hit that one on the head. For all the legends of ANZAC warriors, I couldn't believe how fast the Aussies rolled over for that crap. Here's a hint for the clueless, any Government that will kill its own citizens to disarm them is not a Government you surrender your arms to.

Well I been looking ...

and things do not seem quite as cut and dried as some here would like. I see two basic grades of saws - commercial and garden. Of those commercial units marked Stihl, as I look at packaging I see export markings to South America, Africa, etc. I also see export certificates and such. I suspect that these are actually older Stihl designs made under license and exported to markets that can't afford current Euro and USA regulated safety designs. In other words, Stihls own marketing of older designs trying to build market share in places w/o safety regs.

I see lots of vendors, but only three or four MFGs. Looks like maybe the MFGs are semi-legit? This looks a lot more complex than just rip-off stuff.

good bit of info I think more digging may be needed, but if they are built out of lower grade steels and alloys
as you are all saying there would be no hope in hell id drop there stuff in my stihl.

"PS. I think making gun analogies with Americans is kind of ironic. If you Aussies want to hit a barn you will have to bring the sling shot, or did they make you join a slingshot club to own one?"

You hit that one on the head. For all the legends of ANZAC warriors, I couldn't believe how fast the Aussies rolled over for that crap. Here's a hint for the clueless, any Government that will kill its own citizens to disarm them is not a Government you surrender your arms to.

Not all of us rolled over Terry :hmm3grin2orange:

Ah, tut tut Terry, naughty naughty calling "clueless" on an assumption. BTW where's your rootes?

Terry on what do you base the fact that Martin Bryant was a patsy....while it may be your educated opinion, it is not fact. I take offense to you calling all us Aussies clueless and ontop of that rolling over to our government. One could argue many more of these types of things in the USA....

all in all this thread is exactly what Bob wanted it to be, a #### fight. He more than anyone has been playing both sides off against each other. Maybe he should spend more time on his saws and using them than stirring the pot.

Serg, I was a barrister for 20 years. I interviewed survivors of the Port Arthur Massacre, I've spent two days reading the available witness statements (the government will not release the balance), I've listened to audio tapes from the siege on Seascape, I've looked at forensic evidence, I've viewed a video that was never suppose to be seen by a member of the public. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you 4 short articles on the massacre and another article on what was going on in Canberra.

I was at the coal face of this gun control push. I knew Ted Drane, Bill Shelton, Roy Smith, etc. In fact, Roy and I made the rounds in late '96 with me doing a video presentation of what was really going on. However, I found the leaders in the shooting fraternity weak as pizz. The Government gave them the "your either with us or against us" - and they choose 'with'. The benefits were better, the alternative took some nuts.

As Aussie Dave indicated, not all Aussies rolled over. He and I know a few of them. The majority of Aussies drank the cool-aid and rolled over with their butts in the air. They wimped out, deal with it - and don't do it again.

I would say this is pretty accurate how the majority of people in the good ol US of A feel on just about anything you can buy, not necessarily just chainsaws. You can argue this on any topic. The pros and the everyday users are generally going to go for the "best" made products most likely made in america, everyone else is going to get what they need to just get by. This isn't the same world we lived in 20-30 years ago. Gas is going to hit $5 a gallon, who can afford to drop hundreds on a stihl for occasionally limbing trees or some yard work.(not saying its not worth the money). Home owners and budget minded enthusiasts are going to get the foreign made counterpart for a lot less money, get the job done with it and still be able to pay for the roof over his or her family's head. Like i said, This goes for anything out there, not just chainsaws. We have created our own monster, everyone wants to get paid a lot of money to live in a country that costs a lot of money. In house product prices are going to rise to support this habit.

I really don't know what fuel costs where you are at, but it's $5.46 a US gallon here..($1.445 per liter x 3.78 liters)

I just wanted to make that clear, the price of fuel is OUTRAGEOUS wherever you are, and it plays a HUGE factor in people's day to day lives.

I turned MANY jobs that were paying a mere $11- $14 an hour due to the rising fuel costs. I just took a job driving a truck (although I swore I wouldn't ever again) due to the fact of me bringing the rig home every night.

Point in case, when the cost of living is this high, people will try and save $$ EVERY way they can. Me as well, but I bought a used saw instead of a new china saw.

However, I do believe that some of their saws might be worth a look (not all) and if things go good this year, I MIGHT do a LOT of reaearch and see what ones is the best bang for my $$ and try it.

Would you like us to real off a few US beaut movies? How many days have you got spare? :hmm3grin2orange:

And yes I'm fed up with this you and us crap. The balance is the same regardless of the turf you stand on.

021.jpg

Now, about this ford factory in china, and the copies being made.

If I can find it, China has made an EXACT copy of the 2012 Ford F150, relabelled it, used a different engine and is selling it as their own.

I bet ford won't like that! Let me go look over on Oilburners.net and see if I can link you guys to the thread.

Serg, I was a barrister for 20 years. I interviewed survivors of the Port Arthur Massacre, I've spent two days reading the available witness statements (the government will not release the balance), I've listened to audio tapes from the siege on Seascape, I've looked at forensic evidence, I've viewed a video that was never suppose to be seen by a member of the public. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you 4 short articles on the massacre and another article on what was going on in Canberra.

I was at the coal face of this gun control push. I knew Ted Drane, Bill Shelton, Roy Smith, etc. In fact, Roy and I made the rounds in late '96 with me doing a video presentation of what was really going on. However, I found the leaders in the shooting fraternity weak as pizz. The Government gave them the "your either with us or against us" - and they choose 'with'. The benefits were better, the alternative took some nuts.

As Aussie Dave indicated, not all Aussies rolled over. He and I know a few of them. The majority of Aussies drank the cool-aid and rolled over with their butts in the air. They wimped out, deal with it - and don't do it again.

well even though I was only 20 at the time and didnt hear any of the reasons you mentioned or seem to remember being given an option, I chose to get Licensed and keep my firearms.

can you tell me what the government had to gain by faking this and making some people hand in some guns?

and things do not seem quite as cut and dried as some here would like. I see two basic grades of saws - commercial and garden. Of those commercial units marked Stihl, as I look at packaging I see export markings to South America, Africa, etc. I also see export certificates and such. I suspect that these are actually older Stihl designs made under license and exported to markets that can't afford current Euro and USA regulated safety designs. In other words, Stihls own marketing of older designs trying to build market share in places w/o safety regs.

I see lots of vendors, but only three or four MFGs. Looks like maybe the MFGs are semi-legit? This looks a lot more complex than just rip-off stuff.

This is what I found when I started looking into the Dirt bikes as well. I still have my Gio 250, and it still runs like a top.

View attachment 232683
View attachment 232684
View attachment 232685
View attachment 232686
View attachment 232687

Terry where does a barrister draw the line between assumption and fact? But then the barrister can assume all he likes. He just has to convince the Magistrate/jury based on all the convincing assumptions he cares to submit?

Serg, the articles are on their way to your inbox. I note your last name, you wouldn't be related to a fellow that advised Pauline would you? If so, I got a heap of information on that counter-intelligence/counter gang operation.

Al, what's with you tonight? You been drinking the cheap stuff again? My 'roots'?? Mate, I tell it like it is, no favourites. I was on the coal face, I ran court cases, I made speechs and videos to try and get through to the dumbed down masses what was going on. I put my azz on the line for Aussies. I had spooks all over me, even had one undercover Detective briefing me on civil matters for 18 months.

And Mate, the last thing a lawyer should do is run a case on assumptions. You keep building the case fact after fact until the evidence is overwhelming.

FFS! who rattled bloody terrys cage! scuse me while i find some metho and some wacky weed so i can see his side of these bloody stories! cant we just have a peacefull slanging match without that crap:angry:

Crikey, if you think this is bad, you should listen to a bunch of us blokes after we get a belly full of pizz in us.

Latest posts

Back