The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hung out at the Peacock in downtown Corvallis. I think it has been "gentrified" since. That was before microbrews arrived.

I don' remember no poison oak, but I don't break out from it so there coulda been. The woods we went to seemed quite gentle.

There are lots of people in life you have to show respect to. When logging, two come to mind...your boss and the land owner. I have always worked Sundays, having to NOT work Sundays due to "a day of rest", has pretty much pissed me off for today. My Dad always said, "You can carry your cross...but don't let it swing around and hit me in the ass". When you are trying to make a living... NO DAY should be lost. Going to be 72* today, beautiful, no wind, and yet here I sit at the house! Unbelievable! :msp_angry: Wish I could rig up a silencer for my saw and go stealth mode!

Ahhh descriptive process....... I am stuck at home with my girlfriend who is somewhat disgruntled, as I have not spent much time with her this week. Its sunny and warm with trees to be cut and 25mph wind gusts.

I checked the radar. It looked like it would be dry for a bit so I started burning limbs from the hemlock. Soon as I got things going, the sky opened up. I had a great mushroom cloud going. I was soaked except for what was under the raincoat so decided to come inside. I am watching it from a window, it might burn enough to keep going....I'm being upbeat. Meanwhile, things are spread around the woodstove to dry a bit.

I thought I was going to cut another load out today but decided against it. I'm glad I did as the sky let out a deluge. SO once again sitting at home... dry at least.

Well I can trump all the weather stories :hmm3grin2orange:

1) 85* today (73* at daylight)
2) right now we are under a tornado warning (1st of many so far)
3) 32* for in the morning! WTheck??? :msp_w00t:

Pardon the interruption but this is the most direct line to slowp's vast FS knowledge that I know.

Anyway, slowp, I had a young vistor tonight. I could tell from his boots sometime was new in his life so I wasn't surprised when he told me he was working for the FS out of the Asheville NC fire station. Long story short he is not a jumper but said he was a class C faller and qualified to cut up to 60" althought 42" is the biggest he has felled. I was taken back by this as he has only been with the service for 4 months. I checked the certification qualifications posted on-line but I didn't see any minimum time experience. Can this be so? If he stays out of trouble tonight I expect to see him tomorrow to cut firewood - so before I hand him a chainsaw, how much stock should I put in his certification assuming he actually is certified? Thanks, Ron

Back