The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is 2nd day of spring, had all sorts of plans for working outside, first friday off in 2 months and its snowing... hard... I need a shop.

Dude we got 6in last night...it was freaking 80* last Friday and Sat! Our weather looks like a heart monitor...soon it will level out at 100*...woo hoo!

Some tweeker got into the crummy last night, made off with my wrenches back pack and, wait for it The glow plugs that I was planning on putting in this morning...

The wrenches I can understand but who steels glow plugs WTF. Should have been done before noon, but here it is 3:40 and I'm just now finishing up.

I got busted in beautiful downtown Randle. :) I had a load of firewood that I cut on my friend's place. It is not very pretty alder that has been in a slash pile for a year but will be good to burn next winter. I saw the Forest Service cops and I waved. However, they were unaware who I was-- I have a different pickup now. When I pulled out on the highway, the lights went on behind me so I pulled into one of the vacant gas stations. When I got out and he got out we were both laughing. It turned into retirement counseling--I was the counselor because the LEO has to retire in May.

Then the other one pulled in and the soon to retire one said he got dibs on my chainsaw--a joke. People were driving by and gawking so I started yelling, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE, and more laughter ensued. Pretty soon somebody else went by with some firewood so off the one went, and we soon ended the retirement seminar.

He said that all the locally known bad guys seem to wave when they drive by. Next time I'll honk.

Some tweeker got into the crummy last night, made off with my wrenches back pack and, wait for it The glow plugs that I was planning on putting in this morning...

The wrenches I can understand but who steels glow plugs WTF. Should have been done before noon, but here it is 3:40 and I'm just now finishing up.

That bites man! I hate #######s that steal...I got my game camera stolen not too long ago and my neighbor told me his got stolen too. My camera was on private land that I hunt and my neighbors was too, about 200 feet from his front door. I own 3 acres of woods that butts up with 30 acres of private land owned by a jewish camp place and that property borders 1600 acres of county land. Lots of people hunt this land so theres really no telling who came into the private land and took our cameras. Mine was not locked but my neighbors was. The day I found my camera stolen I was madder than a bear with a bee in his arse.

I got busted in beautiful downtown Randle. :) I had a load of firewood that I cut on my friend's place. It is not very pretty alder that has been in a slash pile for a year but will be good to burn next winter. I saw the Forest Service cops and I waved. However, they were unaware who I was-- I have a different pickup now. When I pulled out on the highway, the lights went on behind me so I pulled into one of the vacant gas stations. When I got out and he got out we were both laughing. It turned into retirement counseling--I was the counselor because the LEO has to retire in May.

Then the other one pulled in and the soon to retire one said he got dibs on my chainsaw--a joke. People were driving by and gawking so I started yelling, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE, and more laughter ensued. Pretty soon somebody else went by with some firewood so off the one went, and we soon ended the retirement seminar.

He said that all the locally known bad guys seem to wave when they drive by. Next time I'll honk.

Sounds like a fun time! I was wondering, do them fellers stop every truck with firewood in it? What are they checking for?

Ah, good usage of the word fellers.:clap: I believe they were checking every load of firewood. They were checking for permits, except I didn't need a permit because my load came off private property. Every once in a while, they park in that place and check. However, that location is a ways from the forest boundary.

Ah, good usage of the word fellers.:clap: I believe they were checking every load of firewood. They were checking for permits, except I didn't need a permit because my load came off private property. Every once in a while, they park in that place and check. However, that location is a ways from the forest boundary.

Ahh I see I see, said the blind man to his deaf son

Spent most of my day working on the new girlfriends pick up. Toyota really needs to get their ^%&* together when it comes to making spark plugs easy to change! At least on the V6's What should have been a quick job turned into a several hour ordeal! Hard to get to and thought the last one was cross threaded when taking it out, it was just cruddy and the new one with some Marvels on the threads went in slick as snot. Add to that crappy Napa wires that I just replaced in Colfax on our way to Kennewick on Friday... they warrantied out the old ones otherwise I would have gone with a different brand. Went back to my place and got the jeep and got us there.

On a good note she can drive a stick and my death trap of a jeep really well. Got sleepy so let her drive for a lil while on the way back.

To keep this somewhat forestry related she's a forester too! :rock: I say forester cuz she graduates in May lol She's keeping me supplied with baked goods, she has a slight baking habit... and well I have a bad sweet tooth so it works out pretty good :wink2:

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Wes

On a good note she can drive a stick and my death trap of a jeep really well. Got sleepy so let her drive for a lil while on the way back.

To keep this somewhat forestry related she's a forester too! :rock: I say forester cuz she graduates in May lol She's keeping me supplied with baked goods, she has a slight baking habit... and well I have a bad sweet tooth so it works out pretty good :wink2:

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Wes

She can drive a stick and bake? Hang on to that one.

Bob there is a whole lot more good about this gal. I'm thinkin keeper myself. We share brain waves it's kinda scary. She's a good cook too! Shoots and the whole shebang. Didn't freak out when the jeep decided to swap ends on a FS road out in the woods sat, not to mention the drop off on my side. I was pinchin leather but she was calm about the whole thing, she figured I knew what I was doin! :msp_biggrin: Bunch of us went shootin and well a fresh skim of snow on frozen snow/ice wasn't a good thing with a short jeep. Wasn't drivin too fast either!

She can grind gears pretty darn well I must say!

Wes

Last edited:
Ahhhhh! Beautiful day in the Ozarks! 71*, slight breeze, excellent pine set...doesn't get much better!

knee capping a hippie could be pretty righteous though! :msp_w00t: Thanks RandyMac for sharing that thought! :cheers:

The spotted owls are all accounted for so we can start logging in earnest Monday, of course it is 79* today and it is supposed to turn into April showers for the next 2 weeks or more. I will just be present for the next couple weeks due to weather.:hmm3grin2orange:

Epic day in the Ozarks! Phenomenal timber...averaging (5) 9'4 tie cuts and a 20' piece of scrag per tree! :msp_w00t:

Back