The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isuzu engines are very good engines too. Try looking for an old isuzu cab over truck with a standard trans. Around here they can be had on the cheap as they are rotted bad. But the engines can easily run for 350,000 to 400,000 miles or up to 20,000 hrs. I recently saw one go at auction for $800 just cab abd chassis but it had the auto trans which would work as well I would think.

We got it all man, swamps, mountains, glaciers, dessert, oceans, big fing rivers, rain forests, hippies, republicans, snaggle toothed peaks, volcanoes, picturesque views (when its not raining...)thermo nuclear generators, ocean going trout (no really there called steel head and they can be very large!)

Hel we got swamps on mountain sides! but none of you'se can have any of it... don't move here...

We got it all man, swamps, mountains, glaciers, dessert, oceans, big fing rivers, rain forests, hippies, republicans, snaggle toothed peaks, volcanoes, picturesque views (when its not raining...)thermo nuclear generators, ocean going trout (no really there called steel head and they can be very large!)

Hel we got swamps on mountain sides! but none of you'se can have any of it... don't move here...

he he he we got mostly a holes and democrats. a few sand hills in a swamp. I like to work on the hills [bumps] when I can :D
oh and stripers [rock fish] almost forgot....they tasty

Man there is lots of "don't move here" goin on lol. Thats ok I would like to visit but I am an eastern boy through and through. You can keep the snaggle toothed peaks and volcanoes and earth quakes and such. I like the region where I live, we have mountains (although rather subdued from what you have) and huge lakes (great lakes). But you can have our swamps though...really you can have them ... swamps that stretch as far as the eye can see.

I lived in florida for a year... that was enough for me to realize that home isnt so bad. I missed the mountains and timber and I cant believe I am saying this ...snow.....Home is home and there is no replacement for it. I get cranky during the summer when the tourists come ....it is lovingly referred to as "moron season" .......

Man there is lots of "don't move here" goin on lol. Thats ok I would like to visit but I am an eastern boy through and through. You can keep the snaggle toothed peaks and volcanoes and earth quakes and such. I like the region where I live, we have mountains (although rather subdued from what you have) and huge lakes (great lakes). But you can have our swamps though...really you can have them ... swamps that stretch as far as the eye can see.

I lived in florida for a year... that was enough for me to realize that home isnt so bad. I missed the mountains and timber and I cant believe I am saying this ...snow.....Home is home and there is no replacement for it. I get cranky during the summer when the tourists come ....it is lovingly referred to as "moron season" .......

huh try beach traffic. I wish oc would sink or the bridge fall in the bay.
but any you guys welcome

Last edited:
huh try beach traffic. I wish oc would sink or the bridge fall in the bay.
but any you guys welcome

Sometimes I wish Chautauqua lake would dry up and Buffalo would explode...violently....but wish in one hand and you know what else in the other lol.

he he he we got mostly a holes and democrats. a few sand hills in a swamp. I like to work on the hills [bumps] when I can :D
oh and stripers [rock fish] almost forgot....they tasty

No no no! In addition to this being the wet coast we are the "left" coast... :sly:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here ya go. A group of boys took this on as a school project and restored it so it ran. They had it in the Morton parade. It sat in view of the highway for a while with a For Sale sign on it, I don't know what happened to it.
294986d1368366713-skagit-restoration20001-jpg

I am sad to say that the boy on the left was killed not too long ago in a nasty accident at the mill.
294987d1368366715-skagit-restoration30001-jpg

View attachment 294986View attachment 294987

Last edited:
That would be my partner, he does more of the tree climbing arborist stuff, I fall em and take em to the mill, gimpy leg keeps me from being real happy with gaffs on.

I've been keeping my eye open for a little 20-30 hp diesel, everyone wants too much for em. or a small real wheel drive car with a manual tranny, be pretty easy to convert it over, then it would have the speed and the power to maybe get something done.

Hey do you guys out there have those little 3 cylinder diesel mini trucks from Asia? We got flooded with them here, they are little cab over drive on the wrong side cheap rigs. They are about the smallest diesel I've seen aside from those Deutz motors I see airiating catfish ponds.

I'm guessing you mean the Tata's, haven't seen any of em yet, I'd like to, love me the diesel, we get lots of smarty cars, and priusiesess, moronic electric cars with no battery life, or retarded hybrids that are not actually gas over electric but more gas or electric... give me a diesel-electric and then we can see some real fuel savings

got to the woods this morning to find........flat tire on skidder. what a rude awakening. of course
no one has a tube in stock any where close by, and no tire man really wants to do it. so tube is ordered and tire and wheel is sitting at tire shop awaiting attention. I twiddleing thumbs wishing I had fixed the spare months ago. shame on me

Good Heavens! Although we've never been in Kansas, we aren't there now. I was in a happy zone, weedwhacking the grass around my little cedar seedlings. The Used Dog appeared (he shall be called Toto for this post) and got my attention. I turned off the weedwhacker and heard thunder. I slowly started back to the house and while brushing grass off my clothing, a wind hit. Heard something crack, but there's no big trees in that vicinity and didn't hear anything hit the ground.

Toto got me out of and area where I was working around a snag. Good dog Toto! The snag hasn't fallen, but it could.

I gave Toto a good ear scratch.

Finally finished the crummy today...for the most part. Which is good because I have to sites to clean up for a friend and he is barking mad to get it done. Back to pushing dirt for a few days.

Finally finished the crummy today...for the most part. Which is good because I have to sites to clean up for a friend and he is barking mad to get it done. Back to pushing dirt for a few days.

There money in dirt tho .......just as long as ya pushing it not pushing it up lol

pushing it ..at a per hour price lol and he moves the machine to boot lol. Cant beat that.

pushing it ..at a per hour price lol and he moves the machine to boot lol. Cant beat that.

Well get him to move it faster ......then push slower .....Then more hours lol........I'm joking

Firing back up next Tuesday, got the privilege of running corridors this week, something I'd successfully avoided until now. ####. The layout guy is the only one on the crew that gets chewed on more than the saws....Doubling down :laugh:.

This little patchie-poo will get four yarders, a processor or two, and a loader. One way in, and it's the same way out....Should be a peach of a commute.

Gotta love the glitzy-glam life of a full time faller.

Well after a long trek from the east side of the mtns I made it home sunday night only to repack and do a two hour drive to Forks today. Met the boss at Kalaloch, had lunch met a timber seller that knows my fam. Went and looked at his job that was just getting started. Then back to Kalaloch for the jeep and on to Forks. Got a whirlwind tour of the mill and turned out I had worked with one of the scalers cruising a few years ago. He looks at my boss and says "let me tell ya bout this kid" and launched into a story about our day of cruisin. After we went back to the company house the boss says "If Russ says you're good I buy it. He doesn't get excited about too much." Lookin to be a good summer I'm thinkin. Goin cruisin tomorrow then data input Thurs in PA.

Oh and it's lookin like a busy saturday of timber fallin and stumb popin for my uncle! Get to kill trees and make money! hooah!

Latest posts

Back