The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madhatte

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm visiting with friends over the holiday weekend, and I quite accidentally snuck a File-O-Plate onto an airplane while flying from PDX to STL. The TSA guys spotted it immediately on the scanner, in my wallet, and surprisingly listened to sense and understood that it was not sharp or dangerous at all once I explained what it was. Will be interesting to see if I can get it back home as well. I'm willing to sacrifice it in the name of Science if it's a no-go.

rwoods

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
slowp, did someone steal your TigerCat or did you lend it to them for the Bangor show? Ron

296116d1368925209-2013-foresty-expo-006-jpg

northmanlogging
Tried out that there fancy GOL plunge cut with a trigger thing today... on a nice pistol butted Douglas Fir... got er all lined up and ready to go, tap in a little wedge just incase (cause I'm kinda dingy like that). Cut the strap and what happens.....

Nothing, didn't even quiver in fright, falling the stupid thing with the lean and it don't even move, still had to wedge the bastard over.:confused:

treeslayer2003

treeslayer2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tried out that there fancy GOL plunge cut with a trigger thing today... on a nice pistol butted Douglas Fir... got er all lined up and ready to go, tap in a little wedge just incase (cause I'm kinda dingy like that). Cut the strap and what happens.....

Nothing, didn't even quiver in fright, falling the stupid thing with the lean and it don't even move, still had to wedge the bastard over.:confused:

that's what i'm afraid will happen

northmanlogging
Ooops, my bad. You should type slower so some of us can read it more carefully. :biggrin:

Did you throw rocks at the tree for a while?

I w o u l d h a v e i f t h e r e w h e r e a n y I c o u l d p i c k u p. I s t h a t c o v e r e d i n t h e G O L c l a s s e s ? A n d d o t h e y h a v e t o b e s p c i a l s a f e t y r o c k , P a i n t e d o r a n g e, w i t h n e o n s t r i p e s ?

slowp
I w o u l d h a v e i f t h e r e w h e r e a n y I c o u l d p i c k u p. I s t h a t c o v e r e d i n t h e G O L c l a s s e s ? A n d d o t h e y h a v e t o b e s p c i a l s a f e t y r o c k , P a i n t e d o r a n g e, w i t h n e o n s t r i p e s ?

Nope. It is a Forest Service method and is shown on a video that may be buried somewhere in the 500 pages of falling "pictures". It worked for them, but they were in a Ponderosa Pine ecosystem so it may not work here.

I'm sure somebody? Anybody? will pull it up and post it again.

twochains

twochains

Addicted to ArboristSite

You forgot to yell.... T I M B E R!!!! :msp_w00t:

Latest posts