The Eathquake is silenced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deputyrpa

deputyrpa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
I was bucking up some logs this afternoon after putting in a new primer bulb, and the Earthquake just stopped running - no noise, no flying parts. I pulled on the cord once, and it turned over, then froze. The autopsy revealed that the wrist pin retainer clip came off and became incompatible with the moving parts - namely the piston. The jug is scored and punched too. I'm feeling sad, as it had been my first stab at porting and squishing and was running a 16" bar like a little beastie. :chainsaw: It gave me 20 cords of firewood and some fun tinkering for $36. I'm going to miss it. Anyone need some parts?
20170410_161727_zpse8eesn8o.jpg
20170410_161906_zps2usux87c.jpg

Efisher26

Efisher26

Tinkerer
20 cords from an earthquake is no joke.

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

deputyrpa

deputyrpa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Last week I went to my local Dolmar dealer, who does it on the side, and looked at a 5105. They are moving from his house to a retail location. He was working his full-time job, so I spoke to his wife and left without the one he had remaining in stock. Just about two hours ago, he called me up an offered me a smokin' deal I couldn't refuse.....in my state of despair, you know. A PS 5105 SC with a 16" bar and anti-anti-kickback chain. I ran up and took it home.

LittleLebowski

LittleLebowski

ArboristSite Guru
Last week I went to my local Dolmar dealer, who does it on the side, and looked at a 5105. They are moving from his house to a retail location. He was working his full-time job, so I spoke to his wife and left without the one he had remaining in stock. Just about two hours ago, he called me up an offered me a smokin' deal I couldn't refuse.....in my state of despair, you know. A PS 5105 SC with a 16" bar and anti-anti-kickback chain. I ran up and took it home.

I think you're going to be happy, post a review.

Thommo

Thommo

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I have seen a lot worse. If it were mine i would just sand out the high spots on the piston and cylinder, give it a good wash out and put a new wrist pin clip in her. i have even sanded marks out of rings and re used them. The will bed in eventually. It will never be perfect but should be good enough to do the job.