The JOY of a Masterminded 394

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantrellc123

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
In April of 2012 I had Randy woods port my 394. That was the end of firewood season so I didn't get to use it much until Fall and Winter of 2012-13. Even then it was sporadic as the actual need for a saw that big is limited. I did use it as needed but it wasn't enough to really know what I had in this saw. I'm guessing 8-10 tanks of fuel in 1.5 years.
Today I found out how much FUN this saw is as I went to a piece of property with my Father that was recently logged. Here 2 big piles of butt cuts and other pieces of logs left behind by the loggers were there for the taking. We brought a dump truck,tractor/front end loader,and 2 of my nephews to load. My Dad likes his cut 12"-14" long so I was gonna be busy. Most logs and cut offs were 12"- 28" diameter.
A stock 394 is a fine piece of equipment just as it sits but a Masterminded 394 is really a JOY to operate. The speed at which it cuts is a true marvel to see, I'm continuing to smile now as I reminisce today's activities with this saw. You really don't notice the weight, but of course this was 1.5 hours, not enough to really fatigue.
I'm not trying to blow Randy's skirt up as that's a sight we can do without,lol. But if anybody reading this can justify a big saw such as a 394 that's been ported by Randy then smiling/grinning will be quite the norm.

Latest posts

Back