The Last "Real" Jonsered Debate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay, it has been brought up many times in different threads, so let's combine the thoughts. We all know that the most recent JReds are no longer pure red and black but are modified Husky's. They have not always been that way. The debate rages among a few of us JRed heads of when the last true Jonsered saw was made. Some argue that the last real saws were made in the 80's when they were still Jonsereds, notice the "s". After they were bought by Electrolux some components were carried on and others were introduced. This is where the debate starts.

Many think that the last true Jonsered was the 910 and saws made before the merger with Partner and Husqvarna. The later saws have influences from the other brands, but very few parts interchange. I say that influences don't count if they cannot be used on a different brand of saw. For instance, a handle on a 920 cannot be used on any other brand of saw even though it has influences by Partner. In contrast to this, the Jonsered 490 and Partner 500 (I am pretty sure it is the 500) have parts that can interchange. I accept that the 490 is not a true Jonsered, but the 920 I insist is a TRUE Jonsered saw.

The last of the true JReds were the 2094/2094 and the 2051/2054/2055 series of saws. Some argue that these are not true red and black saws because of influences, but again they share minimal parts with other saws. Therefore they are true Jonsereds.

Bring it troll................:) :cheers:

I just posted this in the other thread (before I saw this one)

I will agree that the 2094/2095 are the last to have any Jonsereds lineage. I feel that the "true" Jonsereds ended with the 10's / buy-out, but that doesn't mean I can't like them. I still like to think of Jonsered as the premium brand for those in-the-know :)

I have a hard time tracing the 2051/2054/2055 lineage. I can see the 910-920-930-2094-2095 thing, but the other is vague. Were the 525, 535, etc stand alone models? I never liked them, so have never paid much attention to them.

I don't know a whole lot about them. I only recently acquired two, a like new 2094 and a NIB 2171. What I do know is collectively they are both very nice saws and the 2094 is at least as bad as any other saw in it's class. I dare say though, it is easy to spot a 2094 user, the arm he uses for pulling the starter is usually 3" longer than his other.:)

I will agree that the 2094/2095 are the last to have any Jonsereds lineage. I feel that the "true" Jonsereds ended with the 10's / buy-out, but that doesn't mean I can't like them. I still like to think of Jonsered as the premium brand for those in-the-know :)

:agree2:

Me too (sort of), but they are based on the P500/5000 design, just redesigned quite a bit......

Well isn't that saying that all cars are based on the model A, just redesigned quite a bit? :)

That series of saws doesn't have any major components that cross over to another brand. Just a late 80's early 90's developed JRed saw.

Those in the know choose Jonsereds. I like it. :clap:

I have a hard time tracing the 2051/2054/2055 lineage. I can see the 910-920-930-2094-2095 thing, but the other is vague. Were the 525, 535, etc stand alone models? I never liked them, so have never paid much attention to them.

The 525 and such seem very similar to the 520 and even the 451E saws. The top cover and everything is so different from other Husky's and Partners. I think they are stand alone, but can't say for sure.

My very first saw was a 2050. When I started building my collection, I really wanted to remain a Jonny guy (just to be different), but dealers are absolutely non-existent in these parts. So alas, I became a Stihl homer because I can go to any little town in my travels and find a shop with parts I need right there. But I do kind of feel like a fair-weather fan of the red/black team.

No 2077 is vintage Pioner/Partner Poulan Pro! Not bad just not the original deal! The 2051 I would consider true jonsered engineering considering the 2051 was the original turbo filter saw! And no virtually no parts interchange with Husky/Partner! The partner 500 5000 is not really even the same design!

The 510-535 were Jonsered as well nothing to interchange with its elux brothers either! 820-930super again jonsered!

It is a real shame that elux took over them and partner It would be intersting to see what they would be like today!

I do not lnow what the last "true" Jred was. This is just one I used the other day.

Bill

Latest posts

Back