the man caves (or sheds)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 Raptors (2 30's and a 50se), the Red and White one on the end is a Predator Carbon Gasser with a 6 foot rotor. It scares me! I also have two Trex450se's..I mainly fly the 50se.....I'm into planes too....Trying to switch to all gas. Tired of the Nitro mess and expensive fuel. Last winters project was my first 50cc gasser plank....Yak 54.....Its awsome....

Funny how Rc and chainsaws go together! Both are a passion of mine....Love to fly in the summer and cut wood in the fall.....

attachment.php

AHHH another saw nut and RC pilot, and a whirly bird one at that! Nice helis.
I have been flying for a long time, you have some nice stuff, looks like a couple 90 size birds down to a 500? I have a 450SEV2, and 500esp colne. I never got into nitro helis tho.

Man you too. I've had a bunch of nitro's, 30size to 80 sized. I even had a Gasser once that was really cool. Now I just got electrics. All 550 size, and a Trex 450, oh, a hummingbird too, cool for flying around the house.

I have 3 Raptors (2 30's and a 50se), the Red and White one on the end is a Predator Carbon Gasser with a 6 foot rotor. It scares me! I also have two Trex450se's..I mainly fly the 50se.....I'm into planes too....Trying to switch to all gas. Tired of the Nitro mess and expensive fuel. Last winters project was my first 50cc gasser plank....Yak 54.....Its awsome....

Funny how Rc and chainsaws go together! Both are a passion of mine....Love to fly in the summer and cut wood in the fall.....

attachment.php

Dang I got to get back into flying.

For anybody wanting to know what the wire cage is. Its for my wifes Kitty's....It has a pet door to the outside. Since the garage is heated (wood furnace for both the house and garage) its nice for her Kitty's to get in out of the cold in the winter.

I fly alot of scratch built balsa planes in the 40 inch span now, and fly the heck out of my SE. I am to the point where i will hover inverted all day, but not too much FF inverted, anything goes the easy side up. I can also chaos on the sim, but dont have the nutz do do it eith the trex. I have been flying my PZ sukhoi alot, and am about ready to have my buddy solo his first slow stick this weekend, he has been flying my vapor alot and built the SS for a trainer... my next plane will be a hyperion sniper, or an airfoilz or such, want to get into 3D planes a little more.

attachment.php
I had a lot of r/c planes in my younger years. I even modified a poulan chainsaw motor to go one one of them. I had a Nexus .30 heli for a while--before flight simulators were common. That was a nerve racking experience.

I no longer have time and money for them.

Way cool. I know of a guy who makes a living doing real estate photos for developers and owners. He uses a balloon though and tethered video monitor.

Rep coming your way!!!

Thanks!! Ya I used to go crazy on a forum for that stuff, like here but different, some amazing people on there, way more talent then me.

I was addicted to RC groups for a long time, i have now found a new crutch and it is more expensive that RC... I wtill fly the sim nightly to keep up...

See what I mean guys....Chainsaws and RC go hand in hand! Looks like a lot of you have the same hobby/passions as I have....I have never ventured into taking vids from my planes or heli's. But I think it is way cool. As for belonging to RC forums, I think I've found them all! RCG, FlyingGiants, RcUniverse, Helifreaks, RunRyder, you name it, you can find traces of me all over!

I'm sure some/most of you have some sort of technical background. Seems as though this is the norm. I was a machinist for 27 yrs, and have moved up the scale a bit to a Process Engineer. I love hybernating to the garage to tinker with things. Its my outlet.....What do some of you guys do for a living?

BTW...Thanks for the nice comments!

You must have a tolerant wife, I don't think mine would allow that :cheers:

She is great, she doesn't mind as long as she doesn't stub her toe on a project and I keep the area clean. I do the cleaning, machining, and welding out side, in the warm months I do the assembly work outside too but it has been cooling off and getting dark early. Right now I am building a KDX200 in the living room (top and bottom end). She knows it will be cash in the end and Christmas is on its way.

Speaking of projects built in the house, this 2100/3120 was built on the dining room table. The table is a 1920's Drexal New Hampton (Mahogony) that I also restored right where it sits. The saw exploded big but the table still works.
HPIM0088.jpg

Here was a passion of mine for a while. Got to do it again.

My self portrait in front of my house. Taken from my heli.

attachment.php

Thats pretty sweet!! I have a aerial photo as well of my place except I wasn't taking it from a RC...

KristasSurprise041.jpg

She is great, she doesn't mind as long as she doesn't stub her toe on a project and I keep the area clean. I do the cleaning, machining, and welding out side, in the warm months I do the assembly work outside too but it has been cooling off and getting dark early. Right now I am building a KDX200 in the living room (top and bottom end). She knows it will be cash in the end and Christmas is on its way.

Speaking of projects built in the house, this 2100/3120 was built on the dining room table. The table is a 1920's Drexal New Hampton (Mahogony) that I also restored right where it sits. The saw exploded big but the table still works.
HPIM0088.jpg

Hahaha...When I was in High School my bedroom was in the basment and it had a walk out sliding door, I used to rebuild motorcycles down there, I'd have them hanging from the ceiling while I was rebuilding the forks...LOL toolbox was right next to my bed:) Thats brings back some great memories:clap:

Back