the ms461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely nice saw! Congrats, Randy will make it a beast, it'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to the Simonized 460 as I love my Simonized 460, it's a cutting machine.

i have a simonized 460 also ,its a great runner ,pleasure to operate ,am sure this will be right there with it ,my xpw is real fast that randy did ,the stihls just seem to have a better feel to me ,the husky handlebar takes some adjusting when used to stihls ,i dont know how to do video or id do some kind of comparison i have a good selection of 70cc class now 75cc xpw ,hybrid 440 ,460 and now 461

thanks for getting the pics to show up ,i still havent figured out how to do that

Once you have the link put [IMG.]link[/IMG.] brakets around it but without the "."

I use photo bucket as it allows me to link the pics to any site or forum or even use large pics on C/L when I pawn something off....

sort of like this:

[IMG.]http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/255099d1349123525-cimg2786-jpg[/IMG.]

and again w/out he "." in the brackets

255099d1349123525-cimg2786-jpg

dw

:D
Thanks for starting a new thread.

I'm looking forward to this build more than any I've done in quite a while. I'll post some things right away....weight, stock compression, etc.....

Surely not more than the Solo Twin in route to you?:msp_scared:

ah, just re-read your post "more than any I've done" writen in past tense so wouldnt apply to the Twin that is on it's way.:D

yes respecting scotts thread is good to bring the info to a new one and not clutter his up ,i should have done that this morning ,im in no rush to get this back ,id rather use it for disection and information to the builders on here ,i have plenty of working saws ,i just wanted this model since ive seen the proto types a while back ,it sure is good looking ,i hope it runs as good as it looks

I'll take it the the KY GTG if you don't mind. :)

255099d1349123525-cimg2786-jpg

Man, I want one... :\

Does the wrap come with a dual port cover or did you add that?

He added....

That baby looks sweet. I thought hard about one before deciding on the 441C. Got me second guessing myself now.

We'll see how it turns out after it's diet.

Mastermind -vs- the MS461: coming soon to a forum near you. :rock:

I was at a famous Washington saw shop on Saturday and they had a few 461's in and said that no more 460's would be sent out from Stihl as per last week. They had taken a 461 apart and found it only had 7 different parts from the 460. It looked like to me that all parts would be interchangeable. They said they had dyno'd a 461 and a 460 three times and the 461 had .06 more horsepower. the 461 was very slightly heavier feeling but maybe only by a couple of ounces if that. I didn't weigh them.

I was thinking about buying a 460 while I still could, but the 461 is just as good if not better from what I could gather. Stihl didn't mess much with a good thing. Funny Stihl is still sending out the 440's though.

Latest posts

Back