The neighbors are burning railroad ties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are ridiculous... totally ridiculous‼ (well... not all of ya')

Yeah, no friggin' doubt... we all haf'ta do it your tree-huggin' way... Well, GPY‼
You think the bu!!$h!t ain't comin" you way... well grow the phuck up‼

When it comes to keepin' my family warm I'll burn WTF ever I choose... whenever I choose...
And you can choke on it for all I give sour owl crap... my family comes before you.

Someone claims the guy is rich and can afford any sort'a heat he wants... well phuck the guy claimin' such, he don't know Bill from Bob (unless he's livin' in Bob or Bill's shoes).
Thats the most ignorant, arrogant thing yet ive heard yet spidey. Ever heard the phrase, "just 'cuz ya can, doesnt mean ya should"? I bet you'd have a different opinion if it was your neighbor dude. Im guessing blaster feels the same, that HIS family comes first, and if it was me i would do whatever i could to stop this idiot. Good luck OP.

...if anyone wants to learn on the different types of creasoat and it's carcinogenic properties you can read here!

LOL... just playin' devil's advocate... but... :D
If anyone wants to learn on concrete (dust) and it's carcinogenic properties you can read here!
http://oem.bmj.com/content/57/4/264.full
And here‼
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1035459/

Heck... Drinkin' too much water will kill ya'...
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/water-intoxication

Thats the most ignorant, arrogant thing yet ive heard yet spidey.
Ignorant?? How so?? Exactly what about it ain't true??
Arrogant?? Again, how so?? I ain't sayin' anyone has to do it my way... that I'm better than anyone... and I sure-as-hell ain't judgin' anyone.
Pretty sure the ignorance and arrogance ain't on my side of this... pretty damn sure.

Y'all are ridiculous... totally ridiculous‼ (well... not all of ya')

Yeah, no friggin' doubt... we all haf'ta do it your tree-huggin' way... Well, GPY‼
You think the bu!!$h!t ain't comin" you way... well grow the phuck up‼

When it comes to keepin' my family warm I'll burn WTF ever I choose... whenever I choose...
And you can choke on it for all I give sour owl crap... my family comes before you.

Someone claims the guy is rich and can afford any sort'a heat he wants... well phuck the guy claimin' such, he don't know Bill from Bob (unless he's livin' in Bob or Bill's shoes).
angry spider...got any pics of that?

0060-0710-1213-0913_Angry_Spider_clipart_image.jpg

I bet you'd have a different opinion if it was your neighbor dude.
I'd much rather smell burnin' railroad ties than that crap I smell (and breath) when I drive through Cedar Rapids or Iowa City.
The OP ain't even talkin' 'bout his neighbor... the offender(?) is seven hundred yards away from his dad's place
Seven hundred yards... how friggin' many days a year would the wind be blowing in the exact direction of his dad's house?? At the exact speed needed to push it seven hundred yards without dilution, dissipation or rising?? Heck, I can burn a pile of wet leaves on the other side of my drive with the wind blowing towards my house... and like as not, the smoke will rise above the house before it gets there.

Ridiculous.
My neighbors (a couple live closer than seven hundred yards) burn crap all the time, garbage, leaves, and whatnot... I smell it maybe once or twice a year when the wind is exactly right (shrug)

I'd much rather smell burnin' railroad ties than that crap I smell (and breath) when I drive through Cedar Rapids or Iowa City.
The OP ain't even talkin' 'bout his neighbor... the offender(?) is seven hundred yards away from his dad's place
Seven hundred yards... how friggin' many days a year would the wind be blowing in the exact direction of his dad's house?? At the exact speed needed to push it seven hundred yards without dilution, dissipation or rising?? Heck, I can burn a pile of wet leaves on the other side of my drive with the wind blowing towards my house... and like as not, the smoke will rise above the house before it gets there.

Ridiculous.
My neighbors (a couple live closer than seven hundred yards) burn crap all the time, garbage, leaves, and whatnot... I smell it maybe once or twice a year when the wind is exactly right (shrug)
Well obviously either your nose is bad whitespider or the OP nose is very good because he smells something from quite some distance away! He even has to flee his tree stand because smoke was so bad.
The neighbor out by my dad's has a outdoor wood burner which he has always burned anything and everything in. The guy has no woods at all. There has been times I had to get out of my tree stand when I was hunting because the smoke was so thick I couldn't breath and I was hundred of yards away. Anyway lately I have been smelling what I thought was coal or railroad ties burning. I went for a little drive on the mule today and found this. There's a good amount of telephone poles in there to.View attachment 415794View attachment 415795 View attachment 415796

So condemning someone because he is in another situation compared to you, is not what I would call sound character. But as you already mentioned "I sure-as-hell ain't judgin' anyone".

I have a serious headache this mornin'... and I think someone put cold, sour owl squat in my mouth while I was sleepin'.
Stopped at the Elks lodge to pay dues last night... missed supper...
I ain't never doin' that again...
I've done that a couple of times in my life. Drinking on an empty stomach is an absolute killer for sure.

My worst hangover ever was when I drank on an empty stomach and the last thing I had eaten was tomato soup for lunch the day before. Worst part was I think I was 27 at the time.

[QUOTE="Chris-PA, post: 5293183, member: 67290

Here's how it works in 2015 - if you have enough money you hire lawyers and go after him. If you have more money than him you might cost him enough that way to make him stop. If you can't afford that then tough. Law is simply about having enough money to enforce your will.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Democrat Party.

I thought the EPA was a super power and was buying all the ammunition to use against such patriots as your neighbor. Like, isn't that what the FEMA camps are for? Handicapped parking spaces are actually to be used for the UN EPA?

I had a nice neighbor who smoldered his green grass clippings after dousing them with motor oil. One day, I had windows open--it was summer, and I was home with bronchitis. He set off his pile. I went out and talked to him--nicely and explained my problem. He apologized profusely and never burned it again, even when the weather was cold so windows were shut. He was a good neighbor.

...ever read any books by Patrick McManus?
Yep... own a few.
My favorite is, 'They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?'
Rancid Crabtree... the vulgar, bad-tempered, old woodsman?? The perfect role model... my hero‼ :laughing:

So condemning someone because he is in another situation compared to you...
Condemning someone?? Who did I condemn?? When?? How??

One final question...
Has anyone actually witnessed this guy feedin' his firebox with railroad ties?? I mean, the pile sure is (or appears in the picture to be) a long ways from the house for a fuel supply. Maybe the guy is plannin' on doin' a bunch of landscapin' this summer??

Just sayin'.

Yep... own a few.
My favorite is, 'They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?'
Rancid Crabtree... the vulgar, bad-tempered, old woodsman?? The perfect role model... my hero‼ :laughing:

Condemning someone?? Who did I condemn?? When?? How??

One final question...
Has anyone actually witnessed this guy feedin' his firebox with railroad ties?? I mean, the pile sure is (or appears in the picture to be) a long ways from the house for a fuel supply. Maybe the guy is plannin' on doin' a bunch of landscapin' this summer??

Just sayin'.
He has a skid loader and front end loader. I can see piles right next to the burner. I think that's why they are on pallets. He can haul them easy. He is burning them!! Again I smelt it before I seen them. And he's cutting them to the proper lengths.

why don't you bring him a winters worth of wood every year if you don't like what he burns...or go complain somewhere that may be able to help (that place isn't the internet btw) or just STPU?

One final question...

Just sayin'.

maybe he has a pic of that too?

I don't think we've even seen the OWB yet.

Latest posts

Back