The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no tree to big

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php
Got a 12" bar for my 200T today...View attachment 253244 man does it rip thru some wood! Also ordered a set of big dawgs for the 441 that I just did a muff mod on...

any particular reason for the stubby bar? I mean we run 14's on our 192's:dizzy:

Customcuts

Customcuts

ArboristSite Operative
same reason i run a 20 on my 441. I like more power less bar. I will just use it for small trims, i stihl have a 16" for it too. I like to have options. Not to mention it cuts so fast its pure fun to use...:clap:

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Put a brand new 18" Sugi on my 460, just for fun. It's for another saw but I wanted to have a killer firewood saw for a week or 2. :clap:
esuju7en.jpg

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
BTW, Sugi says its a 68 DL bar but with the tensioner maxed out on both of my saws, 68 is still way slack. I had a 66DL loop handy and it is perfect, right in the middle of the tensioners.

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought it off eBay from the us distributor, HEV inc in California.

I bought my stihl PH only. So I don't have any personal experience with stihl bars o a saw this size. That said, the reason I got the Sugi was because of the things I'd heard about them. I actually saved money that way. My dealer knocked off the price of the stihl bar which was about $90 and I got the Sugi for less than that. Plus it looks BA.

Last edited:
Customcuts

Customcuts

ArboristSite Operative
I bought it off eBay from the us distributor, HEV inc in California.

I bought my stihl PH only. So I don't have any personal experience with stihl bars o a saw this size. That said, the reason I got the Sugi was because of the things I'd heard about them. I actually saved money that way. My dealer knocked off the price of the stihl bar which was about $90 and I got the Sugi for less than that. Plus it looks BA.

Yeah man it does look mean!