The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
Got a 12" bar for my 200T today...View attachment 253244 man does it rip thru some wood! Also ordered a set of big dawgs for the 441 that I just did a muff mod on...

any particular reason for the stubby bar? I mean we run 14's on our 192's:dizzy:

same here 14" on a 192. I sometimes wish I had a 200 though....Hmmmmmm....or maybe a 192 with a 12" bar.....

same reason i run a 20 on my 441. I like more power less bar. I will just use it for small trims, i stihl have a 16" for it too. I like to have options. Not to mention it cuts so fast its pure fun to use...:clap:

Put a brand new 18" Sugi on my 460, just for fun. It's for another saw but I wanted to have a killer firewood saw for a week or 2. :clap:
esuju7en.jpg

Put a brand new 18" Sugi on my 460, just for fun. It's for another saw but I wanted to have a killer firewood saw for a week or 2. :clap:
esuju7en.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin about, YESS! You are going to bury ur foot in sawdust in approx. 2seconds.....lol

BTW, Sugi says its a 68 DL bar but with the tensioner maxed out on both of my saws, 68 is still way slack. I had a 66DL loop handy and it is perfect, right in the middle of the tensioners.

BTW, Sugi says its a 68 DL bar but with the tensioner maxed out on both of my saws, 68 is still way slack. I had a 66DL loop handy and it is perfect, right in the middle of the tensioners.
Where did u get that sugi bar, and how does it compare to a regular stihl. Bar?

I bought it off eBay from the us distributor, HEV inc in California.

I bought my stihl PH only. So I don't have any personal experience with stihl bars o a saw this size. That said, the reason I got the Sugi was because of the things I'd heard about them. I actually saved money that way. My dealer knocked off the price of the stihl bar which was about $90 and I got the Sugi for less than that. Plus it looks BA.

Last edited:
I bought it off eBay from the us distributor, HEV inc in California.

I bought my stihl PH only. So I don't have any personal experience with stihl bars o a saw this size. That said, the reason I got the Sugi was because of the things I'd heard about them. I actually saved money that way. My dealer knocked off the price of the stihl bar which was about $90 and I got the Sugi for less than that. Plus it looks BA.

Yeah man it does look mean!

played with some heavy equipment and got some wood out of it. almost finished cleaning up from this summer's storms

009_zpsd7a1b92b.jpg

048.jpg

045.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

gotta go find something to cut up or cut down.:msp_biggrin:

Yeah!, quit painting over the orange, it's like sacrilegious or sumtin! Saw gods may make that saw bight you, paint it orange again, and see, may have to buy a new one too please them.

Last edited:
Is it ok if I keep part of it black if I get that 261 I'm dreaming of?

Latest posts

Back