The newest 50 & 70cc saws in the market

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
681 test report

Well I got a chance to run the 681 this afternoon :( To tell the truth I was kinda disappointed. First thing I noticed was the HARD PLASTIC starter grip and no deco very uncomfortable to me anyway, Deco is coming in a few months. Started it and WOW it is way too loud for a modern 80 cc saw. Put her into a big piece of white oak and did not like the heat from the forward pointing exhaust bouncing back on my left hand. And now for you guys that like the smaller Euro style dawgs keep them in Europe they have no place in big wood. They allow the saw to get too close to the log in the cut and force the brake handle into my left middle finger knuckle wow that was not pleasant either. Also noticed way more vibration than any 7900 ever gave me. It had alot of vibes in the rear handle kinda like a resonance. Now Baileys has mentioned parts interchange I do not think they have many solo designed parts that you would rather bolt onto the Dolmar. The Solo rep took down my notes and will forward them to the factory so some of these issues might be addressed time will tell.

Scott

Hmmmm Well Dolmar listens to me LOL....

Scott

Good of them - maybe you could talk them into some Mg clutch covers (instead of plastic) for the 5100.....:cheers: :clap:

Btw, I just tried LP chain on the 5100, smoother, and maybe a tad faster than the LGX - but nothing to really worry about......

Last edited:
What about actual power? How about weight? Like SawTroll said, Dolmar has always been real optimistic about published weight and power specs...

:jawdrop: I said tha SOLO did, not Dolmar - Dolmar just have some inconsistancy issues with the kW vs bhp numbers, but nothing really bad.....

how come i can't find any solo 681 for sale brand new and how hard are they to find parts for

Latest posts

Back