The Next Build Off Saw????? What About A Chinese Chainsaw?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is.But the bottom pin would be right in the middle in the front if I turn it around.The top pin is off to the left side.So I guess it can't be turned around. Sorry :msp_confused:

If you do a lot of measuring, maybe you can figure out a different piston to use. Or can you just yank the ring locator pins and reinstall them out of the way, where they are supposed to be?

note: never did anything like that myself, just speculating here.

If you do a lot of measuring, maybe you can figure out a different piston to use. Or can you just yank the ring locator pins and reinstall them out of the way, where they are supposed to be?

note: never did anything like that myself, just speculating here.

That piston is fine. The front pin is the side of the exhaust port. I would pitch it and widen the port anyway.

The top ring pin is above the intake port and after I cut the jug and dropped it that would just get better. I do like the domed top on it BTW.

Get a Caber F-cast ring.......port the hell out of and see how long till she blows. :laugh:

That piston is fine. The front pin is the side of the exhaust port. I would pitch it and widen the port anyway.

The top ring pin is above the intake port and after I cut the jug and dropped it that would just get better. I do like the domed top on it BTW.

Get a Caber F-cast ring.......port the hell out of and see how long till she blows. :laugh:

I was up all night and just a nap today so I think I am confused as hell at the moment. :hmm3grin2orange: I won't be doing anything tonight! :hmm3grin2orange:

I was thinking about tossing the top ring so I could go wider LOL

Yes... Minus the Caber ring... Now why would they put the bottom rings locator pin on the exhaust side??? Ideas??? Monkey man??? I'm getting nuthin' here...

Yes... Minus the Caber ring... Now why would they put the bottom rings locator pin on the exhaust side??? Ideas??? Monkey man??? I'm getting nuthin' here...

Because they knew we would rather widen the upper transfers than the exhaust port. Silly boy. :dizzy:

Bad news already :msp_ohmy: Going to need a good welder :hmm3grin2orange: This sucker is super thin :hmm3grin2orange:

It's a bad time to tell you now.........but the width of the port is less important than the timing numbers.

I would fill it in with JB-Weld and hope it holds up. It works on transfer port just fine.

It's a bad time to tell you now.........but the width of the port is less important than the timing numbers.

I would fill it in with JB-Weld and hope it holds up. It works on transfer port just fine.

All I can do is go for as much flow as I can get.I don't have the know how or tools to do much else.:hmm3grin2orange: I just hack **** up and go for it :hmm3grin2orange: Its all up to you guys to get the most out of one.Like I said I only play around for fun.But you can see what not to do! :hmm3grin2orange: I was thinking about JB on there?I didn't think it could take that much heat? I can get it welded up with some extra in there.But I wouldn't mind finding out if JB could hold up?Could help in the future to know for sure?

Bad news already :msp_ohmy: Going to need a good welder :hmm3grin2orange: This sucker is super thin :hmm3grin2orange:

ooops!

this is why I am still chicken to try anything but a muffler mod..for things I have extra mufflers of.

alternate reply : Aw heck, that's nuthin! Little beer can action, some gorilla glue....

Latest posts

Back