The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the humidity here is wretched! I can only wear a T-shirt for the walk into the woods, then I just keep it to wipe my eyes out. When I used to cut ERC, after a rain in the summer, the sun would come out and the ground would steam as you were "falling" the timber. I was disgusting really, yer lungs would feel like they had water in them.

Scrapple rules! :rock:

you ever forget and throw the saw on yer shoulder? owch bar is hot! I miss January.

Here I go being a misfit again but I carry my saw on my shoulder holding the handle and resting the top by the air box on my shoulder. I have a big "pad" there from carrying logs out for nearly 12 years and it hasn't ever gone away...comes in handy though!

Here I go being a misfit again but I carry my saw on my shoulder holding the handle and resting the top by the air box on my shoulder. I have a big "pad" there from carrying logs out for nearly 12 years and it hasn't ever gone away...comes in handy though!

I carry that way too. just rather carry on the bar. I have a ruff place on my shoulder from it.

I know a logger who could carry out logs on either shoulder, he grew a patch of hair on each carrying spot! Funny lookin'! Mine just looks so different from the other shoulder... when toting logs on it, it looks like a red apple on my shoulder.

I was cutting a job and I had a helper. The cedar was field cedar and really knotty and swell butted, not to mention heavy...the kid couldn't get the log on his shoulder, it kept on coming over backwards. So I had him to help with the little end as I was lifting it. Well, the kid didn't know how to help and instead of keeping pressure towards my neck as the log came up on my shoulder...he rolled it to the outside of my shoulder bone. A sawed off knowt edge crushed my shoulder bone as the log rolled off. It has never looked the same...but hey, it's a worthy story. LOL!

I know a logger who could carry out logs on either shoulder, he grew a patch of hair on each carrying spot! Funny lookin'! Mine just looks so different from the other shoulder... when toting logs on it, it looks like a red apple on my shoulder.

I was cutting a job and I had a helper. The cedar was field cedar and really knotty and swell butted, not to mention heavy...the kid couldn't get the log on his shoulder, it kept on coming over backwards. So I had him to help with the little end as I was lifting it. Well, the kid didn't know how to help and instead of keeping pressure towards my neck as the log came up on my shoulder...he rolled it to the outside of my shoulder bone. A sawed off knowt edge crushed my shoulder bone as the log rolled off. It has never looked the same...but hey, it's a worthy story. LOL!

ouch! the older fellows around here did pulp that way.

I used to make what I thought was damned good money just pack muleing. I would carry for 2 cutters. Usually get paid per log especially if I was hand loading a 2 ton with high bed. Most 2 tons ran naked and just had rails built up on the frame... dangerous though, you could break an arm super fast getting the logs off yer shoulder.

Evening Men! How was your alls day?

jrcat- it fricken rained here this afternoon just out of the blue! Ya want me to send it yer way? :msp_biggrin:

LOL! I was askin' slayer the same thing!

So what's yer troubles jrcat? Too wet still?

Need insurance.. pricey insurance to get on a job, Little to no support from family... yeah that just about covers it Oh and guys that suck you in with slick talk and when its time to get to work... they dont answer the phone and then wont return phone calls..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back