The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most people used to a pay check every week, even if it a small one. when they see what ya get for several loads of logs, they think ya rich. don't dawn on um ya might not make any thing next week. they just ain't used to it.

That is true there. I guess it all comes down to profit margins ......boring stuff but usually things all go back to the balance sheets.

Is there no small business schemes your way that can give advice etc .....ie marketing, business plan, cash flow forecasting etc???

It the same the world over at the mo

I know this not encouraging but it a fact that most small businesses that fail do so inside 6-12 months due to under capitalization. It could be if times are slow and things tight that a retrench may be needed. I'm not telling anyone how to run a business juss passing on a few years experience.

Not to be a prick but all this metaphor stuff and lingo has to go out the door.. I dont understand half it and most likely never will. I like straight forward terms ... what does retrench mean... .. I mean damn .. I am about to go get me a 9 to 5 just to shut up my GF .. I cant stand anymore unclear or uncertain terms ..Good evening bro.. naggin at ya .. just yeah you know

Not to be a prick but all this metaphor stuff and lingo has to go out the door.. I dont understand half it and most likely never will. I like straight forward terms ... what does retrench mean... .. I mean damn .. I am about to go get me a 9 to 5 just to shut up my GF .. I cant stand anymore unclear or uncertain terms ..Good evening bro.. naggin at ya .. just yeah you know

Buddy it not lingo ....it business talk......that's why I said see if there small business schemes.....those advisers can help with that kinda of thing.......help you do business plan and forecasting ......it will give ya a base to work from and also you'll be able to monitor how things are going and where things aren't right etc......I know I know boring old git however it was drummed into me and it has to date served well

Buddy it not lingo ....it business talk......that's why I said see if there small business schemes.....those advisers can help with that kinda of thing.......help you do business plan and forecasting ......it will give ya a base to work from and also you'll be able to monitor how things are going and where things aren't right etc......I know I know boring old git however it was drummed into me and it has to date served well

Remember Im a gear head/logger/hack/sap/gullible moron...

Also imo going thru those folks to start with may give you access to other forms of funding and they at times can help you prepare proposals for banks etc

not to put fuel on the fire, but ya cannot suit someone else. I tried that it don't work. if she wants ya to do that you need to explain to her calmly[wish could underline that] that this is you. another thing is never get so hung up on one piece of timber that ya stop lookin. but you know that.

Yeah Im still an instant gratification kind of guy... proposals and schemes ... dont really click for me all that well I understand what you mean.. but those things work at the speed of snail snot in january ...I am ready to give in.. go work for joe blow and turn wrenches and just be a dumb ass employee ..

Hey that don't matter .......bottom line really ta need to sit down and understand and be comfortable with how banks etc etc look on things and if you don't talk their lingo you'll get stuffed and overlooked......The days of the bank Manager knowing everyone are gone......It all sheets and figures these days, statistics and numbers.......that's how they work so you gotta play that game or.......you get one of those advisers to front things for ya .....help do things the way banks etc understand and accept

not to put fuel on the fire, but ya cannot suit someone else. I tried that it don't work. if she wants ya to do that you need to explain to her calmly[wish could underline that] that this is you. another thing is never get so hung up on one piece of timber that ya stop lookin. but you know that.

I know .. I have been trying to explain it to her now ... calmly

Yeah Im still an instant gratification kind of guy... proposals and schemes ... dont really click for me all that well I understand what you mean.. but those things work at the speed of snail snot in january ...I am ready to give in.. go work for joe blow and turn wrenches and just be a dumb ass employee ..

do not make any rash decisions

Everyone thinks ......oh he got his own biz ......he must have money.......wrong ........I ain't gonna tell ya how to do zip but ......if the g/f is a want want want then it another overhead ya don't need

Jr before ya do anything sit down and try and find a local biz adviser ok go talk to them.......not the lawyer lol.....they are lawyers not business advisers and tha's what ya need bro imo

Business is a numbers game ......always has been always will be .....and that's how ya need to play it.......I know I'm not being very encouraging .......however blowing smoke up yer rear ain't gonna help imo what will is hopefully steering ya in a direction to get things on an even keel and a sound base

You would have been fine to have stopped after gear head and logger...don't be beating your self up! LOL!

Are there no smaller crews you can get on or turn wrenches for a crew...ya know just to get some money coming in?

Not being boring just honest well which can be boring. Just gotta clear my head

I wasn't meaning to upset ya bro .....I'll shut up with the boring crap lol

TC that a good idea bro.....or sub contract to a crew

Back