The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Authorities sharing their records? That's mean.

Is that your licence is not valid in Canada, or does it make you a persona non grata in a first place?

Had it been just licence, I know I would just find someone who wants to drive across the border.

Well, a leap over it is.

I suppose you have a helluva check-in ahead, then. Good luck!

Most have been a long winter in SW Warshington - you suggested a bus tour for me to commute to the PNW GTG and now a cruise for TJL to get to work in Alaska. :) Ron

That's not a cruise. That's a ferry. I haven't done it yet. You can get there from Bellingham for fairly cheap. I kinda looked into it when I thought I might have a job in the Southeast part. Now I like the idea of getting off and catching another later--no tours. You can go basic--sleep in the public places, some people pitch tents on the deck. I heard it can be kind of rowdy. Or, you can splurge and get a cabin of some sort. You can take your car or just go on foot. There's nothing fancy. The scenery is the activity.
I don't think you need Canadian clearance unless you are getting off in Prince Rupert. Otherwise, you sail on to Alaska ports.

From what I gather Miss P is correct stay on the boat through the kanukian docks and your clear to Alaska, tis only 24 hours form Great Falls to Bellingham (well fairhaven to be more accurate) doing the speed limit of course. The bonus is there are tons of hipster/ hippie gurls that tend to underdress running around up there

I enjoyed driving on Highway 2 up to the cut off to Missoula. For a scenic drive, highway 20, the North Cascades highway is supposed to be open tomorrow--check on that before going over, and you can avoid Seattle going that way. It might not be scenic because of the snow banks and stormy weather.

Well, Canada doesn't like me. I had some license issues the last couple years, and even though I got it straightened out, they say it was to recent. So.... going to find a place in Great Falls to store my vehicle and fly up.
Great Falls? You're on the wrong side of the divide. Drive over to Kalispell and store yer vehicle here fer nut'n.

Unlike Brian, I won't crush it while yer gone. :p

Latest posts

Back