The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, the people who probably want to stop tree cutting are trying unsuccessfully to look like those who cut. This is in the chainsaw forum. They don't look like our local loggers.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/lumbersexual.266512/

Hmmm...maybe I can sell some of those old hickory shirts with the frayed collars and scraped-through right shoulders that are stained black so bad that it won't wash out but I keep them around anyway for just in case?. Or some authentic logger sox with only a few holes in them? How 'bout some old black jeans with more mend spots than original fabric? Broken suspenders? I have a few broken axe handles and hunks of Spencer tape I'd let go real cheap.
The wife has been after me to toss that stuff in the garbage but I see a money maker here.
By God maybe there's a way to make a profit in this business yet.

Oh, wait a minute. They're talking about LUMBERJACKS, not loggers. Just what the hell is a lumberjack, anyway? There's a restaurant chain out here called Lumberjacks but none of the loggers I know ever eat there...too many tourists and the food is bland like Denny's but more expensive. There was a building supply store chain with that name for awhile but they went broke.

If by "falling" you mean "falling over", then feel free to PM me. I don't have as much ladder experience as Bob, but I've fallen over plenty!

That's just mean. I haven't fallen off a ladder in over a year.
Be nice to me today. Later this morning the wife and I are going shopping for some things for the new house. Translated, that means I'll be pushing the shopping cart up one aisle and down the next through a variety of stores all day and nodding my head and making appropriate approval responses while she spends an inordinate amount of time comparing drapery patterns and floor vent register designs.
Why am I going? You married guys already know the answer. It's for my input in the whole process. Riiiiiight. Said input consisting of grunting and nodding my head at appropriate times.

Be nice to me today. Later this morning the wife and I are going shopping for some things for the new house. Translated, that means I'll be pushing the shopping cart up one aisle and down the next through a variety of stores all day and nodding my head and making appropriate approval responses while she spends an inordinate amount of time comparing drapery patterns and floor vent register designs.
Why am I going? You married guys already know the answer. It's for my input in the whole process. Riiiiiight. Said input consisting of grunting and nodding my head at appropriate times.

See my post in the other thread.

I'm sorry Bob,
u'r in a no-win situation for sure today. It's gonna chair or its gonna pull the root-wad. Take u'r pick. From experience, never say "I don't care" even one time during the shopping trip.

Yup...that's good advice. Very good advice.
Okay, I've drug my feet long enough. Gotta go. The wife is hovering near the door making impatient noises.
Where's my Valium?

Jani and I are planning a shopping trip to Madsens in a couple weeks gonna pic up some" accessories" :D

Hmmm...maybe I can sell some of those old hickory shirts with the frayed collars and scraped-through right shoulders that are stained black so bad that it won't wash out but I keep them around anyway for just in case?. Or some authentic logger sox with only a few holes in them? How 'bout some old black jeans with more mend spots than original fabric? Broken suspenders? I have a few broken axe handles and hunks of Spencer tape I'd let go real cheap.
The wife has been after me to toss that stuff in the garbage but I see a money maker here.

Oh, wait a minute. They're talking about LUMBERJACKS, not loggers. Just what the hell is a lumberjack, anyway? There's a restaurant chain out here called Lumberjacks but none of the loggers I know ever eat there...too many tourists and the food is bland like Denny's but more expensive. There was a building supply store chain with that name for awhile but they went broke.
You could rent a booth at the Packwood garage sale or the Randle fire station.

paul freakin bunyun.................thats what i get when people ask what i do............oh your a lumberjack.............i don't know why its offensive to me but it is........

2012259425_P9260003-vi.jpg
lumberjack

Latest posts

Back