The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean my stumps aren't supposed to look like that?!?!?!

Nope and not like these either....
P4231674.jpg

P4231672.jpg

We didn't get any pictures of the jack-strawed rats nest that this produced but Slowp and I spent a whole day cleaning up after the moron who did this.

Was up there yesterday afternoon. Lots of new units marked out, call in to BLM to see what's available. Every time I'm ready something blows up and firewood gets put to the wayside. No slacking off like last year, we need 12- 15 cord and the folks need refilled, about 6 cord. There's always a few need by some folks that just can't get out to do it anymore too. Might have to break down and bring in a couple self loaders.

Go up past the gravel pile, check out some of that action. Decent alder, some with kind of a face, some with a kerf face, many with no face just backed up, all chaired, some must have been a horrific experience. Kevin doesn't seemed impressed at all and is really making sure all the waiver paper work is signed up tight. Neighbor was getting permits this last week and was telling me about it.

Scary things happen close to roads.

Owl

Wow.................looks like something the firewood hacks around here leave behind......... How is the attrition rate sow low for these morons???

They say when yer drunk you have a better chance of surviving impacts, something about the reaction time being too slow to0 tense yer muscles up so you just rag doll...

That and the gods take pity on fools and drunks.

Stumps do tell most of the story, some stumps last a very long time, providing future generations proof of your skill or otherwise.
My brother could read trees ok, but he was a bit of a hacker, went after them like he was collecting a debt. Cousin Kev was a great technical sawyer, his stumps almost always looked great, but he couldn't read a tree worth a damn.

I need a new lid.

The silver ones from Bailey's are made in China, which I was unaware of until I received it.

The head gear was faulty, so I sent it back.

Where's the best place to get a good lid?

EBay for a Mac T 4 point. Get a new suspension from madsens.
Madsen' s has the whole thing in their catalog, don't know where they are made, though. http://www.madsens1.com/catalog.htm

I was looking a while ago, I know I found tin hats made in the U.S. More money than I was prepared to spend at the time. I can get a plastic Bullard from work for free.

Madsen' s has the whole thing in their catalog, don't know where they are made, though. http://www.madsens1.com/catalog.htm

I was looking a while ago, I know I found tin hats made in the U.S. More money than I was prepared to spend at the time. I can get a plastic Bullard from work for free.
Plastic hats are for construction workers. And farmers. :laugh:

Back