The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Madsen' s has the whole thing in their catalog, don't know where they are made, though. http://www.madsens1.com/catalog.htm

I was looking a while ago, I know I found tin hats made in the U.S. More money than I was prepared to spend at the time. I can get a plastic Bullard from work for free.
China.
I just called

I started wearing plastic when I was climbing power poles, building cable TV systems. None of the PUD crew wore tin.

I wouldn't wear a tin hat around wires either but I never climbed poles. The only climbing I did was topping spar trees to hang rigging from.

You couldn't get me within range of power lines. Those guys earn their money.

I never climbed a tree, enough issues climbing across nails, staples, yard sale signs. It's funny how many people do similar jobs, but wouldn't want anything to do with the other one. The only time I had an issue with power was cleaning up after a big storm and someone's big generator was backfeeding the line, and we had a hot neutral. The boss said that was enough for the day.

or is my head just huge ?

Your head and mine, too. I will say this: the newest generation of Skull Buckets (the ones that don't actually say that on them) have a suspension that stays on my head really well. The ratchety bit flops down really far and hooks on like nobody's business. Folks can hate on China all they want, but I like that the hat stays put.

Christmas came yesterday for me:
image1.jpeg

Chest line removed, feeding tube removed, auxiliary air removed and a new room where she can stay with my daughter 24/7 until pain meds are completely withdrawn then HOME.

Not a big enough emoticon available for this gift so these will have to do: :happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana:

Merry Christmas to you all, Ron

Great news. Niece was born with transposed great arteries and ventricular septal defects (heart was ported :) ). Can never thank enough the dedicated staff in those children's hospitals.

*edit*just waiting for her to get here so we can chop down a christmas tree together. It's our thing. She can be a lumberJill once a year with her crazy uncle. Not sure who looks forward to it the most.

Christmas came yesterday for me:
View attachment 388884

Chest line removed, feeding tube removed, auxiliary air removed and a new room where she can stay with my daughter 24/7 until pain meds are completely withdrawn then HOME.

Not a big enough emoticon available for this gift so these will have to do: :happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana:

Merry Christmas to you all, Ron

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back