The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just down the river a bit is the dismal mire, at least I think that's what it is called. Lewis and Clark got a bit wet in the area.

I thought it was Dismal Gap. Verdamnt raccoons stole my bacon! I forgot to tighten down the ratchet strap on the cooler. It was a good thing we had bottled beer, they bit through the aluminum cans we had for our orange juice!

I have one more lump to investigate but it isn't mobile home size.

Probably just a VW bus.

Hey ya'll, been a while since I gave an update. Any who, after 5 months of PT, they finally did an mri and guess what! I need another surgery. I basically wasted the last six months cause the doc wouldn't listen to me. Trying to get back to Austin for the surgery, I ain't letting them cut on me again up here, that's for sure.

Neighbor wants me to cut down a cedar tree for him ,he calls it a school marm ,is that slang for something ?just looks like a couple trees grown together to me ,the top splits again into 2 more logs off one if them too .

Neighbor wants me to cut down a cedar tree for him ,he calls it a school marm ,is that slang for something ?just looks like a couple trees grown together to me ,the top splits again into 2 more logs off one if them too .
So this is a pretty good example of a school marm behind my house
image.jpg
Different deal than a co-dominant stem. Post some pics and Jolly Jeff will steer you right.

So this is a pretty good example of a school marm behind my house
View attachment 421873
Different deal than a co-dominant stem. Post some pics and Jolly Jeff will steer you right.
Those look far apart compared to this ,looks like i can cut them all down off 1 stump ,Not sure if can get a pic tonight ,depends when i get home

School Marm= bigger tree with 1 or more little trees growing conjoined or very close by, like a recess lady with a gaggle of brats... I mean childrens running around her, i.e. School Marmmy

They can be an ass ache... If possible cut one at a time, think of the extra tops as being heavy branches, and adjust for lean that way.

You may need spring boards and or climbing gear to get high enough to clear the hangers on.

If the hangers are high enough that they have grown together you can cut under the join and fall the whole werks as one, but don't count on it. When possible remove the hangers and proceed from there.

Enjoy...

Latest posts

Back