The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sir, I'm doing pretty well... All things considered. My 2nd son turned 1 yesterday, my youngest of 4 brothers turned 25 today and got an even better payin job (He blows things up for a living), and I'm here in a thread full of hard working, respectable individuals.

Haha, no need for a Ranger over here! The .404, chokers and the man who owns them is enough around here!

Graeme, Mike.. how are yall?

I'm ok bro thanks..........your lad in the military lol ???

I'm ok bro thanks..........your lad in the military lol ???

Glad you're doin alright.. But no he's not military anymore, he was on the USS Carl Vinson for quite a while. I believe he blows holes in the ground for a rock quarry or water locating service, can't remember exactly.

Last edited:
Glad you're doin alright.. But no he's not military anymore, he was on the USS Carl Vincent for quite a while. I believe he blows holes in the ground for a rock quarry or water locating service, can't remember exactly.

cool.........you falling at the mo ???

No sir, I stopped working with the "tweeker" (word I learned here) 2 weeks ago after finishing up a set of hardwoods. Currently saving dollars and looking at possibly buying a used skidder.

Cool ............keep looking for timber tho ..........as Mike will prolly tell ya .........ya gotta buy timber and then buy more lol..........even in diff locations as gives ya options in case weather shuts ya down on one

not knockin the little deere, but don't discount a bit larger machine. i'v had have both, and mostly do select cuts. not much wider depending on tire size but much more power.

Good to know. Where the heck can you find/bid on timber sales? Not that I'm ready (cause I'm not) but I don't know who to call... The local timber company? That would be bulldog timber around here.

Good to know. Where the heck can you find/bid on timber sales? Not that I'm ready (cause I'm not) but I don't know who to call... The local timber company? That would be bulldog timber around here.

In your area I dunno ..........but ifn I was you I'd look more to private tracts and sales .......contracting to a timber comp might be a bit to far at the mo ........not being rude bro but they kinda have diff agendas etc and deadlines can imo be tighter ......but others may disagree ......Mike the dude to advise ya there more than me

well, no I wouldn't call them yet. talk to your local county or state forester. they may or may not be involved in private sales, but it a start and you will have to deal with them any way. strange as it sounds ya gonna have to beat the bushes, talk to people to get your name out. knock on doors and make phone calls. you gonna get aqainted with the folks at land records. this is the not so appealing side of logging, but part of it. once people hear about your work and your PAY, it gets a little easyer if ya don't screw up.

well, no I wouldn't call them yet. talk to your local county or state forester. they may or may not be involved in private sales, but it a start and you will have to deal with them any way. strange as it sounds ya gonna have to beat the bushes, talk to people to get your name out. knock on doors and make phone calls. you gonna get aqainted with the folks at land records. this is the not so appealing side of logging, but part of it. once people hear about your work and your PAY, it gets a little easyer if ya don't screw up.

Good advice ..........all I could add is don't take on anything to big or with to many nasty sods build your rep by doing smaller jobs well

well be safe dudes gotta sleep lol.............red bull wearing off ...........laters

Hi Rob, Jon & Nate

Thanks Mike, and good point about the land records office! Aside from verifying that landowner's actually own the property, what else can you use land records office for?

Hi Rob, Jon & Nate

Thanks Mike, and good point about the land records office! Aside from verifying that landowner's actually own the property, what else can you use land records office for?

if you spot a property and don't have a clue that where ya look lol. don't assume big LOs won't sell to you. that my best advice.;)

no rest for the wicked. going back out to the commune to take down some big wolfy firs in the morn,. i'll try to get some pic's. hope the wind is not up to much.

no rest for the wicked. going back out to the commune to take down some big wolfy firs in the morn,. i'll try to get some pic's. hope the wind is not up to much.

Have fun. Watch that damn wind.

The local Stihl saw shop is having customer appreciation days tomorrow. BBQ! Hot dogs! Raffles and free goodies, too. Plus, there's usually a pretty good choir practice out behind the shop after everything's over with. The choir practice is usually the best part.

Latest posts

Back