The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a cylinder? I recon it wouldn't matter if you had to remachine the bore.

Could do a small land and gap, and just keyhole it.

Purge is usually used in situations where the inside of the weld, has to be as good as the outside.
Doing those tubes for hydraulics I was told to purge them so the weld would be full penetration without having too much interruption of the flow of fluids. That's why I was wondering on the bulk head if it was dug down say with 1/8 of the total wall thickness would keep the same from happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have no idea WTF you boys are talkin' bout. Carry on you glorious bastards!
Dude, check out this home patch job from last saturday.

It was at least a 6 stitcher.

Right over a knife scar from when I was 10-12.

Deep, but clean got it back together within a few minutes.

I've never healed so good/fast.

972587eb2dbb750d11257dc1b3397f21.jpg

Dude, check out this home patch job from last saturday.

It was at least a 6 stitcher.

Right over a knife scar from when I was 10-12.

Deep, but clean got it back together within a few minutes.

I've never healed so good/fast.

972587eb2dbb750d11257dc1b3397f21.jpg
My girl is the same with scars I'll have to ask her what she used after her ankle surgery it really helped.

Dual shield wire on steel is co2 or argon. For purge, anything heavier than air and inert will work (with obvious exceptions).

Co2 is the cheapest.
I'd like to clarify my argon statement, by adding that I meant a blend, like common 75%/25%, or straight Co2.

Doing those tubes for hydraulics I was told to purge them so the weld would be full penetration without having too much interruption of the flow of fluids. That's why I was wondering on the bulk head if it was dug down say with 1/8 of the total wall thickness would keep the same from happening.

They're right, for that application, a purge would make a much better bead appearance on the inside on 100% pen welds.

My girl is the same with scars I'll have to ask her what she used after her ankle surgery it really helped.

Prepping cabbage fer lacto-fermenting sauerkraut. Bad support hand position through the stem.

My knives are silly sharp, like lasers. LOL

Prepping cabbage fer lacto-fermenting sauerkraut. Bad support hand position through the stem.

My knives are silly sharp, like lasers. LOL
Lol nice I was looking for the pictures of her external rods but I can't find them but I will say this it made me and the nurse a little whiter in the face then normal.

I heard that straight co2 could be used for regular MIG, but caused a lot of splatter? Think the guys were trying to cheat on filling paintball tanks, and still have a welder, so instead of getting argo mix, they would convert to straight co2, and fill their tanks off the welder bottle.

Otherwise its a whole new tank, at roughly $200

Though I question why you couldn't just run 75/25 in a paintball gun? other then cost, its just gas pressure, its not like the co2 lubricates the balls or anything.

I heard that straight co2 could be used for regular MIG, but caused a lot of splatter? Think the guys were trying to cheat on filling paintball tanks, and still have a welder, so instead of getting argo mix, they would convert to straight co2, and fill their tanks off the welder bottle.

Though I question why you couldn't just run 75/25 in a paintball gun? other then cost, its just gas pressure, its not like the co2 lubricates the balls or anything.
It's actually cheaper to get big bottles then the little paintball ones but for a portable setup they are hard to beat.

Matt also check these out they're real good info

Co2 for mig is fine, bead appearance is a little duller (& other minor stuff).

No biggy.

It gets old tramping around that's for sure and I don't miss it don't know about you guys.

He was already traveling a bunch (welding nuke), this is more money I guess, and more varied?

I personally hate being away from my family.

Latest posts

Back